Thanks Gary! Now time to go shopping... (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So my good friend Gary dropped by the house yesterday. Wanted to give me a little more time to check out his beautiful Gen I RT/10.

You must be registered for see images

My two boys also wanted to check it out and listen to it run. It was like a symphony! Oh, and the percussion section had a little help:

That's right, this intercooled, supercharged 900 horsepower monster was sitting right there in my very own driveway! It was like having royalty visit, especially when Gary comes over as well. So as we drooled over the car, Gary says "Catch!" and tosses me the keys. Uh, to start it? Nope, he tells my older son to jump in and let Dad take him for a ride. Stunned, we jumped in this bad boy while I babied it out of the neighborhood. Of course, I NEVER went full throttle since it wasn't my car (<FONT COLOR="red">Gary, you can stop reading now</FONT c>)
yesnod.gif

Okay, just between us, I did get on it just a teensy weensy bit. Enough to wet my pants and have my son sucked right out of the car from the G-forces. WOW WOW WOW! I have driven some fast cars in my life, including Winston Cup cars. Gary's Viper is in another realm altogether! It idles and drives like any other Viper until you put a bit more foot into it. And then it just starts pulling until the tires break loose. At any speed. And the sound, oh my! We had a guy in a modified Honda pull up next to us and HE knew that sound. He rolled down his window and said, "NO WAY!!" I nodded and replied, "YES way! He then gave us the most enthusiastic thumbs up I have ever seen - both hands almost through his headliner. He was taking his shoes off to give us toes up when the light changed. It was just too cool. I have decided that until I can afford to send my car down to Doug, I am going to get a variable-speed electric leaf blower and see if I can't capture a fraction of that sound by mounting it under the hood. It may not fool anybody, but that supercharger sound alone made you feel ten feet tall!

Of course, after taking both boys out for a drive (have I said "THANKS!" to Gary yet?), we just admired the craftsmanship of this incredible car. Don't you wish YOUR Viper engine bay had one of these?

It was an incredible morning and I really can't thank Gary enough for the treat. It was great seeing him again, and his car wasn't too shabby either! Now I am off to do a little shopping of my own in case he shows up again...
supergrin.gif

<center>
</center>

Chris

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Chris. Too cool! Bet that was a fun ride. Kinda gives one a new perspective on GEN I cars huh?

P.S. Doug Levin does some d@mn fine work!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is beautiful. I like being discreet about what's under the hood, but that is soooo pretty that I would be tempted.

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
I hope the boys both young and old had a good time going for a spin.I am simply amazed every time I get a chance to take this bad ride out for some fun. DLM just performed the supernatural to give us such an outstanding car. Gary

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Freakin nice work!!! Chris that's some funny stuff, I was looking for more pictures and I see the diapers
laugh.gif
. Great work guys. I can't imagine that much power in a Gen I.

Max

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pictures. I need to go clean my system now that one looks so new!

I was at DLM's shop the whole weekend. What a trip! Got a couple upgrades done on the car at no charge (He knows how to take care of his customers!!!!)!! I saw many, many, many, many vipers there.... Thanks for all the hospitality Doug. You are a class act.

We were also going to hit the dragstrip, can you imagine me at a drag strip!? it rained the entire weekend. The only vipers I saw were inside Dougs shop ... For three days!

I now understand the complexity of a system now. It is 50x more involved than I thought it was......If anyone thinks it a bolt on application, think again. EVERY viper is different from what I saw. Each with different tolerances since they are hand made. etc etc.. Very Impressive to look at and watch them working on the vipers.

And Doug, TAKE A DAY OFF WILL 'YA!??

Gerald

Reaction score
Great job!

Doug has had my GEN-1 RT/10 most of this year now. He's just finishing up on my STAGE 3++ engine. This, coupled with some Jerry Wolfe enhancements under the hood, should make for a killer GEN-1 beast. I will get my Viper back finally next month. God help us all!...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Too all those with cars at Dougs shop....my car was finished and shipped out yesterday!! So now he can work on the next patient customer's car:)

Patience is virture, but a real pain in the butt!! Doug said my car is running beautifully. I'll let you all know once its back here in new york the end of the week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dan, I saw your car.. It is freaking beautiful! Loved it! How do you keep that black clean!? Oh yeah, there was a hair spray bottle in the console you forgot to take out along with a pack of napkins.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JusSumFastGi:
ExecUtron Technologies, what kind of numbers are you looking for?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm paying for 900+ hp, so we'll see what happends! Doug Levin is using all of his new technology stuff, but I won't know till it's over...

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
Too all those with cars at Dougs shop....my car was finished and shipped out yesterday!! So now he can work on the next patient customer's car:)

Patience is virture, but a real pain in the butt!! Doug said my car is running beautifully. I'll let you all know once its back here in new york the end of the week.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well Dan did you get it back yet?
How's it run? Inquiry minds want to know.

Max