That's more like it, a GEN1 on the bay for a bin 45k

JPL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just looking around I ran across a '94, #140712484045, on the bay with a buy it now of $45,000. That's where I would like to see the prices go, I don't think he'll get it.......good luck though.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
45 would be nice but based on my experience, this seems pretty high. Like most things, the seller can put whatever price they want on an item - In our system, it's the buyers that generally set the price...

When I sell mine in a few years I am thinking of putting a price of $1.1M - whaddya think? :D

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I'd hear grumblings about the price. I'll modify the add today with the "guts". This is probably one of the top 10 quickest Gen1's in existence & really does not need to go to an entry level Viper buyer looking for a $23k Gen1 deal. I've been communicating with folks on about the add and most really can't fathom the performance of this car. I have a 630rwhp FGT and this car will eat it.

It will go to a buyer that wants this car, like I did when I sought it out. Not the entry level bargain hunter.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
45 would be nice but based on my experience, this seems pretty high. Like most things, the seller can put whatever price they want on an item - In our system, it's the buyers that generally set the price...

When I sell mine in a few years I am thinking of putting a price of $1.1M - whaddya think? :D

List for $1.3 M and negotiate down to $1.1! :)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I'd hear grumblings about the price. I'll modify the add today with the "guts". This is probably one of the top 10 quickest Gen1's in existence & really does not need to go to an entry level Viper buyer looking for a $23k Gen1 deal. I've been communicating with folks on about the add and most really can't fathom the performance of this car. I have a 630rwhp FGT and this car will eat it.

It will go to a buyer that wants this car, like I did when I sought it out. Not the entry level bargain hunter.

I don't think the price is out of line considering your upgrades. I personnally would not take anything less than $45K on that car.

I will say you need to describe the car better. Build up that listing with a lot more info. Look at other auctions for examples and plagerize them for what you need. You didn't mention the big brake kit($5000+), the Roe($7000+) or the carbon fiber rear wing, although it is obvious. I would have painted the rear wing to make it look cleaner, but it's your car, so do what makes you happy.

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So THAT’s what a Roe looks like…pretty sweet. I get into enough trouble with my stock version. 680 rwhp is unfathomable to me. I’m not ready to die just yet. I think you’re right about keeping it out of entry level hands…it would be like putting a fully automatic .50 CAL M2 Browning “Ma Deuce” in the arms of an infant.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
…it would be like putting a fully automatic .50 CAL M2 Browning “Ma Deuce” in the arms of an infant.

I think they do that in Louisiana, we wait until they are in grade school in TX :)

The Hp is a byproduct with a Roe, the Torque is the widow maker (dyno sheet is showing 720 at 2k rpm)

`99, I still struggle to this day on painting the wing (6 nuts and it pops off) - It's not painted because I necessarily like it unpainted, I just haven't fallen on one side or the other of the fence yet :)

$45k is a firm price & worth every penny. My wife is in my ear, 3rd baby on the way, 7 other hotrods in the garage & this is the one most likely to kill me.

I updated the ad and it's pending approval. I started adding up the items on the list.....I shouldn't have started doing that :eek:

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you gonna be at the Round-up?

Going to try. I'll be solo or with one of the boys if I go. The round-up is always right when I'm signing contracts for the year, so if I'm not drunk in an airport (yes, I'm that guy), I'll stretch the ACR's legs a bit.

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seller being a VCA member sure changes things in your eyes eh?

Ha ha - good one! I actually know this car but did not realize it based on the first post, that's why I changed my mind...he's done some serious stuff to this ride.

True story: On the Vette Forum I used to visit I realized after much back-and-forth with one poster one day that he was my dad...he still drives a Vette, as far as I can tell. Weird, huh?

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
)

My wife is in my ear, 3rd baby on the way, 7 other hotrods in the garage & this is the one most likely to kill me.

Too funny!! I will never forget the day I was coming home from a VCA meeting and an R8 Audi wanted to play. We were rolling at about 70-75, I hit it and instantly went way sideways. Stayed in it and got it straight, Mr. R8 backed WAY off after that. Congrats Eddie, you will miss the TQ! Best of luck.

marty

JnM_SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do a lot of buying and selling on eBay and my one knock to the ad is picture quality. I'd do a solo photo shoot and get some good quality pictures showing details in the engine bay, a few more interior shots that show how good of condition the seats are in and some good pictures of the condition of wheels, which would also show the big brake upgrade.

Good luck with the sale, sounds like and INSANE car to drive!

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx JnM. Good advise. I'll pull the car out and and go thru the photo shoot like you mention. It's pretty insane. My first attempt at a license plate was "FN NUTS" - the state called me and said "um yeah, uh...no"...

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices should definitely be higher but I think desperate times is what makes these prices the low that they are...

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thx JnM. Good advise. I'll pull the car out and and go thru the photo shoot like you mention. It's pretty insane. My first attempt at a license plate was "FN NUTS" - the state called me and said "um yeah, uh...no"...

HAHA! My first attempt at a license plate was “Pumessy”, which translates to “Me inside...*****”. ;) I’m sure you guys can figure it out. Thought I could slip that puppy by them…no sir, didn’t happen. I think someone needs to start a new thread titled, “Failed First License Plate Attempts”. :rolaugh:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is weird they would stop either one of those IMO, I saw one once that said "EAT ME" I thought damn he must have paid someone off...

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give the marketing techniques a go, they make since & would be what I would want to see.

Fortunately I don't need to sell the car. My wife has put her foot down and is threatening to leave if I buy the parts for my 29 Ford before "selling one of your toys". She initially put a dollar amount on what I had to get rid of but I threw in, "how about I sell the one most likely to kill me & we call it even". She bought off on that.

I'm trying to buy a Flathead V8 (complete about $10k), trans ($2-3k), axle ($2-3k) & suspension ($a lot).......interrior, paint, wheels, tires, etc...... I estimate I'll be into the 29 for $40-50k......So I'm budegting $80k :) Don't tell my wife, I've told her I'll be able to put $10k or so back in the bank when I'm done....shhhh!

Here's a pic - 83 years old and still runs and drives...
1929_Ford_Fordor_3W_1.jpg

Last edited: