The 08 ACR Is A Bargain Compared To This

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the Chevy dealers got there allocations of ZR1's for 09 and only 300 chevy dealers will get the ZR1's. Early pricing is $50-100K over MSRP, I figure the big ADM will hold for at least the first year. Considering the price on the ZR1's it makes the ACR a Huge bargain at MSRP.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, but that clear hood on the ZR1 is so cool cuz it lets you see the sparks and lights when you push it across the floor ...definitely the most popular car among those age 7 and under...

:lmao:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sad. that means someone is spending $150,000 to $200,000 for a car that most people on the road wont see anything other than a "corvette".

. . . . . of course this is assuming anyone is even looking at all. :D

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sad. that means someone is spending $150,000 to $200,000 for a car that most people on the road wont see anything other than a "corvette".

John
maybe you can give that corvette jacket of yours to some deserving new zr1 guy:dunno::)

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am fan of the Vette but the price markup is a joke and even at the same price the ACR is the superior car IMO in looks and probably performance as well when its all said and done. When I ordered my ACR I didn't even consider the ZR1 as an option because to me the Z06 is the real all around Vette and just about the best bargin out there.

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a ZR1. The dealer called and offered it for 150K, I turned this down. I was told he is selling a lot at 150k. This pricing has made me appreciate the 08 Viper more.

I agree that the ZR1 didn't come out as much as a race car as I expected.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been told maybe 100 to 150 THIS year, and total allocation is sold out. Maybe Bill P. will chime in. The car is of course available as an 09, but as I understand it 08 production will run pretty far into the fall thereby giving a late start to 09 again so maybe only 150 next year.
Make yours red.

Why so few? It seems there is pretty good demand for the ACR. Maybe not? IMO the ACR is the only Viper that should be built, ******** of course. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea, maybe the aero parts are not available in abundance. The wait was certainly long enough. I was in I status for almost two months before it went to prefix for the aero and stripes. then it went KZ and came off the truck at Woodhouse the next day. You have a PM.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a deposit on a ZR1. The dealer called and offered it for 150K, I turned this down. I was told he is selling a lot at 150k. This pricing has made me appreciate the 08 Viper more.

I agree that the ZR1 didn't come out as much as a race car as I expected.

$150K??? Holy crap. What a rip-off. Even if you decided to upgrade the exhaust and headers on the '08 you'd still be way ahead in savings not to mention that you'll have an exclusive, bad-ass Viper. It'll be that more gratifying when you park the ACR next to a ZR1 and watch everyone crowd around the ACR.:D

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150k lol i would rather be in a 08 which i am or buy a used lambo murci.what a joke 150k,its a vette at the end of the day with a blower.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$150K??? Holy crap. What a rip-off. Even if you decided to upgrade the exhaust and headers on the '08 you'd still be way ahead in savings not to mention that you'll have an exclusive, bad-ass Viper. It'll be that more gratifying when you park the ACR next to a ZR1 and watch everyone crowd around the ACR.:D
i agree park a ssg 08 or an ornage one next to a zr 1 and no one will even look at the zri especially if theres a 08 acr there

Last edited:

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, this thought is pushing me to get headers and stripes. Since its will see track time, no supercharger.

We had the 08 Viper at a cruise in and had people talking to us the entire time.

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
@150k you should be looking @ a Ford GT, NOT a car that your grandmother can't tell the difference from the car that your grandmother was supposed to be able to tell the difference from a regular vette in the first place...but can't. :crazy2:

whew...that was a mouthful

c6 version 3.0 is what they should call it.

i think the z06 is a HELLUVA car, but i see the zr-uno as being more of a c6 gimmick just to up the viper in the HP#s war. but whatever.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me play the devil's advocate for a moment...

Let's say the ZR1 will beat the ACR or any other comp on the track (Ferrari, Porsche, other $150k cars like the GTS-R). If that is the case, would it not be a better bargain than the $150k that guys are spending on Z06 full blown race prepped cars to win the NASA TT or SCCA crowns (to beat the $150k Porsches)?

Maybe the ACR looks like a bargain now because the perception is that it will win the track duel. Suppose it doesn't? Suppose that Porsche also has a car coming out that will beat it? Suppose the GTS-R also beats it? Then is it such a bargain?

I know that it will be a fun time when a ZR1 and an ACR are head to head, be it at a stoplight or at a green flag. I think that the ZR1 guys are more interested in lining up with Ferraris and Porsches. Satisfy yourself on the 'bargain' mentality if you want, but I say that the Viper needs to put out 650HP in 09!:eater: P.S.-The Ford GT is old news. It hasn't beat anything, and in the future won't beat anything. A classic example of all talk, no podiums. ;)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's say the ZR1 will beat the ACR or any other comp on the track (Ferrari, Porsche, other $150k cars like the GTS-R). If that is the case, would it not be a better bargain than the $150k that guys are spending on Z06 full blown race prepped cars to win the NASA TT or SCCA crowns (to beat the $150k Porsches)?

Maybe the ACR looks like a bargain now because the perception is that it will win the track duel. Suppose it doesn't? Suppose that Porsche also has a car coming out that will beat it? Suppose the GTS-R also beats it? Then is it such a bargain?

I know that it will be a fun time when a ZR1 and an ACR are head to head, be it at a stoplight or at a green flag. I think that the ZR1 guys are more interested in lining up with Ferraris and Porsches. Satisfy yourself on the 'bargain' mentality if you want, but I say that the Viper needs to put out 650HP in 09!:eater: P.S.-The Ford GT is old news. It hasn't beat anything, and in the future won't beat anything. A classic example of all talk, no podiums. ;)
But it is still just a Vette, and to the untrained eye looks like any other Vette out there. ;) the ACR looks SOOO much better.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you need to do your homework a little better! The only Ford GT that I know that is being campaigned by Matech Racing just won the FIA European GT3 championship at Monza and the British GT3 championship as well 2 weeks later. A classic example of all talk, and no facts!;)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie, I am talking about non-"race" cars. The "Ford GT Matech" is hardly a $150k car...can you buy one for $150k? New? Where?

CO-NOS, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to agree with you, but when I am looking at who is taking the checkered flags, that is the most 'desirable' car to most track enthusiasts. The ACR was built for track enthusiasts, not built to be a 'polisher' car (agreed?)...IMO, it needs to be the top of the heap at SCCA and NASA to be successful in the mission it was built to accomplish. This is the year that it should have the advantage, before the comp catches up or excels, but nobody seems to be stepping up to the plate (except Hennessey in the OLA). Too bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres really no point in Arguing which car is better looking or will attract the most attention its "Hands Down" the ACR. Also remember in 3 years there will be a C7 and the ZR1 will be a "Dinosaur" no matter how much power it has. Its unfortunate that Chevy didn't really go all out on the body style of the ZR1 instead of making it look like a Z06 with a few add ons.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why so few? It seems there is pretty good demand for the ACR. Maybe not? IMO the ACR is the only Viper that should be built, ******** of course. :)

No, Chuck, no, no. :nono: I believe more of us appreciate the convertible more. :2tu: The ACRs certainly have their place but not exclusively. :D

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the Ford GT old news??? that's sports car blasphemy! it's an INSTANT collector's item & one of the most capable sports cars ever produced. also a marvel in the fact that ford kept so true to it's roots. the success of the Ford GT has lamborghini considering producing another Miura. & like the GT, it'll be (if produced) a modern interpretation of the original.

the zr1, as performance oriented as it may be, is just simply a fancy c6. who cares what it beats. i mean, really @ these HP #s it's getting a little ridiculous. it's about building something that truly stands out & says I'm Me.

& Boxer, a much btr bargain comparison for u to have made is the Nissan GTR @ 70k. another helluva beast. one of the most potent production vehicles ever made (from what every publisher is saying @ least). how stupid do you feel when your ferrari gets whooped by that ugly porker of a car! that's the ***** about bragging rights. they're lost quickly.

but cars like the viper, or the ford gt are instant classics. who will be loved long after the gtr is forgotten & they're HP #'s trumped by both themselves & their rivals.

it's like everyone keeps saying. the problem w/the zr1 is that's it's just a vette. i don't think there is a person on this forum who doesn't respect the performances #s it'll be capable of. but w/3 iterations of the current vette & TONS of the base model on the road, the overall majesticness of the car is lost to mass production.

& yes, 650hp stock for 09 would be nice, but it ain't happening. maybe 2010 :headbang:

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing new there. Remember 1987 Buick GNX's selling for over $40K?

First edition ZR1s almost 20 years ago doing $100K? I know of a guy who bought four of those at that price. Took a serious bath.

1992 RT/10s doing $100K?

And, most recently, local dealers here in Hampton Roads, VA, marking up Challengers. A local dealer sold one last week for $62K.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was one of those in line for a ZR1 since I have owned Vettes for over 20 years. When they got ridiculous I pulled out of the game and ordered an ACR which is a much better looking car anyway!

This is the color scheme for mine:

You must be registered for see images