THE BOOST ONLY WORLD RECORD IS MINE!

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday Capitol Raceway in Maryland held it's annual Corvette day and were nice enough to ask me to bring some Vipers.

I thought that it would be nice to get one of the turbo cars to the track to play. I made two half track passes just to get a feel for the car and the track. The funny thing is that even if I jammed on the brakes at the 1/8 mile, the cars that I was racing still couldn't catch me.

I went up to make the third pass, did a nice burnout, staged the car and was ready for action. The 60 foot time was a mediocre 1.51, which is about as good as can be expected given that there were so many radial tire cars tearing up the track. I granny shifted the car into second trying not to break the tires loose, hit third and fourth nicely and when the clock stopped, records had fallen. The car ran a 9.569 @ 155.51 on boost only!

This was with the boost controller set on level 2. The car went down the track very nicely, no complaints. The weather was mid 80's and slightly humid. The only thing to do now is to start turning up the wick.

I know that the V10 Nationals will not recognize this as an "official V10 Nationals record" but it is the record nonetheless. My apologies go out to Dr. Roof for not letting him to hold on to the turbo only record for longer but hey, things happen. I'll post the video and timeslip shortly.

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is just sick.....

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

And you drove it to and from the track. Unreal !!!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's it! I'm finished!

I'm going to call Doug right now and get him to build ME a twin-turbo car!

It isn't fair that I now have one of the slowest cars out there with a mere 850hp...

JD

Ranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I witnessed Jason's amazing 9.5/155 pass at Capitol Raceway yesterday. Very well driven. Awesome trap speed...shows there's more to be had with some tinkering and in better conditions

For the record the density altitude at the time of his record run was 2150, measured by my TAG weather station.

Congratulations again, Jason.

Ranger

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I can't believe that the density altitude was that high. Just for the record we are days away from completing an SRT that should be just as fast as this car.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
falltime will be interesting. I know many will be hitting the tracks in the next month or 2 shooting for the record.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stop working on that other SRT for 5 minutes and get the video up! Geez... :p

Thanks a lot Casey thats my car your talking about! Anyway congrats Jason,I am very pleased to hear you got the new record....

and dont worry about the car we want to see the video!!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop working on that other SRT for 5 minutes and get the video up! Geez... :p

Thanks a alot Casey thats my car your talking about! Anyway congrats Jason,I am very pleased to hear you got the new record....

and dont worry about the car we want to see the video!!!

Hey, I only asked for 5 minutes!! lol :p

I bet you are dying to get that TT back!! Can't wait to see how yours turns out!! :2tu:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!! I wish I could've been there! I guess it's no surprise that Jason keeps raising the bar!! I'd also have to say that this isn't the last we'll hear of this incredible car. The best part is that Jason can work this magic on any Viper out there.

Congratulations!!

OP
OP
J

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the timeslip. I'm converting the video and will post it soon.
1041DVC00202-med.JPG

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome time and SICK MPH! How much boost is that "Level 2" on the boost controller? Have you dynoed it like that? I'm guessing ~950 RWHP?

Here is the timeslip. I'm converting the video and will post it soon.
1041DVC00202-med.JPG

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, you are going to have me in divorce court, if you keep raising the bar like that, I'm digging to deep in my pockets just to try and keep up with half these guys. Anyway, congratulations! You are the "MAN"!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason

No need to apologize to me, I am just getting started! Just like the Supercharger Record you held it first I took it and the same is true for the Twin Turbo you had it I took it and you took it back!! (pretty madd about that, LOL)

Congrats and In Bradenton it is gonna be pretty seeing to Yellow and Black Twin Turbo's pushing 1000 plus RWHP down the track!

Great Job and see you soon!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof, you couldn't be more right. These cars are just warming up. Bradenton is going to be awesome! And except for the victor, it is going to be one LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG off-season for everyone else.

Chad

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad

what we gonna do when we both bust out 9.30's in the Finals??? LOL

Can't wait to see the car run! I am happy for you guys I like goals to shoot for!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Chad, what we gonna do when we both bust out 9.30's in the Finals??? LOL"

I'm going to say, "$h!t, how did I lose 4 tenths? That was a close one." And you are gonna say, "Damn, that was our best run ever but it just wasn't enough!" ;)

J/K buddy. Win or lose, we are gonna have some fun. :2tu:

BTW, is there any way SW could drive my car too? :p

Chad