The First Programmable Engine Management System For The Viper and Ram SRT..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Here are the exciting dyno and test results of our new VEC2 on the Ram SRT. Amazing what being able to write correct fuel and timing programs can do compared to what Dodge has to do to meet government guidelines.

These tests were done on a stock 2004 Ram SRT with 360 miles. No other changes were made.

You must be registered for see images

These were the results from preliminary testing. Final results will be posted after changes are made to the software and more time is allowed for tuning. Air / fuel ratio is shown post cat. The target A/F ratio was 13.0.
The system will be available soon and pre-orders are now being accepted. Complete system details and features to follow.

Regards,
Sean

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive! I am sure there will be no shortage of orders for those units! Does the VEC2 allow end users to email maps back and forth to each other?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow lots of power gain there, very nice.

Sean,

How does the Vec2 work? What are these cards people keep talking about? Can I program it myself? Or do you have to send me a card with the maps on it?

Thanks

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, The card looks like a Direct TV smart card. You can program it yourself or send info (dyno sheets/airfuel) to someone (Sean) and have a new program e-mailed to you. My simple explination on how it works: The Vec2 intercepts and adjusts the injector pulse and timing from what the stock pcm wants. Sean can explain in depth.

On my first read it didn't hit me....but....Looks like this will work on the SRT10 Viper too. Is that correct Sean ?

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: The First Programmable Engine Management System For The Viper and Ram S

We are real excited about Sean's new VEC 2, we plan to tune a Roe car this week with the setup and are planning to try one on one of our twin supercharger cars shortly.

Keep up the good work Sean!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

So does the card store that I make or is it a base map for my car?

Thanks

With the software, you can make any changes you want to and the card stores that info. I tweak mine off of my base tune-up. Example: For autocrossing, I took my base tune-up and made four more cards......each card pulling out more timing to kill power. I have about ten cards.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

"Does the VEC2 allow end users to email maps back and forth to each other?"
Yes, the files are quite easy to e-mail.

"What are these cards people keep talking about?"
Tony described it quite well. They've worked out to be a very versatile way to store different programs for your car and I'm glad we chose that as an option instead of having to link up to the VEC2 with a serial cable to make changes. As Tony said, he has about 10 of them. Each can be configured a slightly different way and you can change the fuel and timing curves any way you want. Here's a picture;

"We are real excited about Sean's new VEC 2, we plan to tune a Roe car this week with the setup and are planning to try one on one of our twin supercharger cars shortly."
Thanks Dan. We have supplied two Viper Turbo tuners with a VEC2 and one other Viper Supercharger kit owner. They've been providing us with positive feedback as we've made development changes and improvements over the last year. I'll be interested to here what you and Chris think after starting to tune Matt's car on the dyno.

"Sean, do you or any place you know, have anything for the Hemi's to increase hp?"
Not at the moment. That's one of the reasons we're working on one. We already have complete fuel control, just need to finish working on timing advance and retard.

Regards,
Sean

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, The card looks like a Direct TV smart card. You can program it yourself or send info (dyno sheets/airfuel) to someone (Sean) and have a new program e-mailed to you. My simple explanation on how it works: The Vec2

My Smart Ass Addition:
Yeah, Smart Card like the DirectTv card or the American Express BlueCard. Driving Down the road watching your favorite soaps on locals and shopping EBay without all the hassle. Image the possibilities!

No offense meant to 1Tony1, Sean, or Russ
! This is the beginning of something good !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery