The first TT Gen V race you've ever seen...

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little background on what you're about to see:

I haven't been beating on the car for the last couple of weeks because we finally got a clutch in Big Red (that's the car's name). The Bad Boyz Garage Forced Induction Triple is just what the Dr. ordered - I wanted to break it in properly so I have a long healthy life out of this clutch... It's got about 400 easy miles on it now and hooking GREAT! So it was time to call out the Fastest Street Mustang in all of South Florida. That's the mustang in this video. It runs 8.90s @160 pretty consistently. It's as bad as bad can be.

About the runs:

Run 1 I was at 11 psi (it was a loss) and starting out in 3rd gear- just starting out at a low (1000 rwhp) power level to make sure I didn't spin out and land in a ditch...

run 2 I was at 11 psi (it was a loss also) again just feeling the car out and starting out in 4th. Again, going easy learning how she does on these tires and this clutch - hoping not to end up in a ditch (as most of you reading this know, these cars have a real propensity to go end over end)

Run 3 was not a race as I did not chase- I had turned up the boost to 14 PSI but let out before blast off because i needed to turn on another fuel pump before I was comfortable making another hit at this (Added) power level. No one wants to cook a $25K engine over a silly race for fun.

Run 4 was the same 3 PSI increase from above (total of 14 PSI) starting and ending in 4th gear and a big WIN.

Run 5 wasn't shown because the 'stang blew up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhj6PlUtWfc

Couple of observations from the data log of the pulls:

The ramp rate (for spool up) was turned all the way down (from daily driving to break the clutch in) so my power was coming on way late.

Timing was turned WAY down because I had been running pump gas (instead of E85) while breaking in the new clutch..

Ran out of wastegate springs at 14 PSI - I couldn't get any more boost out of her that last time I turned her up because I tried another hit on the way home to see what 18 PSI would feel like. To no avail... Those little springs just wouldn't give me more boost! I will be putting the proper springs in tomorrow so I can run her on up to 20-21 PSI.

I really hate to sell this car - it's the ultimate package! I might just have to keep it! Everyone needs two TT Gen V's, right!? (right guys?? RIGHT??)

(these runs were made on a closed section of the 'Ring in Germany so all local and applicable laws were obeyed)

Last edited:

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope thats not your real name while posting street race vids on the internet.

Also is your tach broken? Lots of bouncing off the rev limiter.

You called out the fastest Mustang in South Florida but raced in Germany?

Lol.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope thats not your real name while posting street race vids on the internet.

Also is your tach broken? Lots of bouncing off the rev limiter.

You called out the fastest Mustang in South Florida but raced in Germany?

Lol.

Come on Bluestreak, whats a continent or two to cars that can move this fast? Im surprised they didnt finish the race in Australia lol.

Nice to see a TT G5 out in the wild.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.....thrilling to see what can be done. Any plans for a time slip? Would you have to upgrade the rearend to support launches with that much torque?

OP
OP
E

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
patho, the car went a 9.6 at @160 (@12 psi) about a month ago just granny shifting with a 1.9 60' time. I have NO other plans to go back and snap halfshafts/break transmissions. The car was built for the mile.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street racing it's all fun and games till somebody gets killed I have never seen a 18 wheeler going the opposite direction at the ring.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ET the 3rd... you need to not recklessly operate a vehicle/high speed race on a public highway that is clearly in the US ,as the mile makers and street signs are clearly visible....One mistake and people can be killed....Go find a race track for 10.00 bucks and go play with your car...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were clearly granny shifting in all the races which makes sense for safety purposes and because you did not build it as a drag car with a more robust diff, half shafts and driveshaft. What was the Mustang running as a tranny? I did not notice any shift delays suggesting that he may have had an automatic. As for the location of the testing, it was a bit disturbing to read that the Mustang blew up on the last run.

Even the best of drivers can experience an equipment failure and when two cars are side by side at those speeds, the other person's equipment failure can end up causing the person next to him or her severe difficulties. This is also made far worse when there is no safety equipment being worn - neck brace, helmet, fire suit - by either party and there is no EMT bus and crew standing by.

I thought that it was worth mentioning since this is a public forum and young, inexperienced drivers sometimes watch videos like this and become motivated to try it themselves.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mustang has a fully built 3 speed auto.

I only shifted in the first race (from 3rd to 4th). All other hits were roll-ons from 2800 RPM in 4th... No shifting. I just let the torque work it's magic.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imho you need more time understanding the car but good to see a TT Gen V.

Mbn

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bluestreak, we ran in Germany on the 'ring. No need to be a ****.

That's not the ring, the ring is not a highway. nor is it straight like that. My point to you is that attaching your name to everything (if that is your name) is not a bright idea. Police have busted street racers for internet video posts.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice runs. Hope you can make it to 1/2 mile event in Ocala in January and see how this bad boy does in its environment.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car, you might want to think about a cage and safety gear though. 1000+rwhp in a stock body car is a bit like riding a turbo Hyabussa without a helmet

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
everyone is missing the point. the owner of this car has a reliable functioning TT gen 5 making at least 1200rwhp on a stock block... regardless where this was allegedly filmed its insulting to the owner of this car to think the consequences were not considered and there is no reason to step up and be a mother figure. do you really think anyone who posts a car acceleration competition online will really care what anyone says? you should be happy it was shared since this is the only tt g5 out there.

I do have a little inside info though.. the back ground is all cgi, so don't worry where it was filmed

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing, the viper would beat that stang in all aspects if there wasn't any easy shifting, yet again I would shift the same too LOL.

your car is a beauty and one of the first TT out there, do you drive it daily or is it a weekend toy?

would love to know how it would run against normal street prepped race cars (like 900whp ZR1) not a fully build drag 3speed stang because he's got the upper hand on you by not shifting at all, but I still see that you hauled a$$ even with the easy shifting.

nice run never the less , just be careful out there bud

OP
OP
E

EdwardETraylorIII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
M Viper, Thanks! It was driven daily for a month to work the kinks out and then relegated to weekend warrior duty. It is no longer my car. It was sold to someone in a Middle Eastern Country that is planning to stomp Bugatti's and Koenigsegs with relative ease.

The car traps well over 160 MPH so that is how it would run against anything.. If the car racing traps over 165, then the Gen V TT might get beat.

I am building another currently. This one, much much nastier. Over double the RWHP.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235