The fuzz down under. Pics of it clean and smooth.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

What'd you expect this to be? :rolleyes:

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, from the title, I thought you found a new way to trim the fuzz on your lower door panels!

Speaking of door panels, how is your custom interior design coming along?

What's with the pic of the garage door?

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, from the title, I thought you found a new way to trim the fuzz on your lower door panels!

Interior design is still, well, interior design ! Nothing worthy of newsprint.

The garage door...? OK, maybe a tricky pic. That's all of the soot dirt sand etc that washed off the car. Collected there in the mess of black gelatinous goo.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was expecting Pictures of Cops in Allstraila driving Vipers or Something! Where are the before photos! I have never had my "belly pan" off so I was wondering are the Drive shaft and Half Shaft keepers stock or aftermarket? I did notice Daves Trans Mount looks Great, too! Also I noticed no pads on the Jack stands? What not worried about scratching the Frame ??? Seriously did you take photos of the "Fuzz down Under" befoe you cleaned it up and how many miles did it take to get it that way?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same as above...about the 'fuzz' 'down under'...cops in Australia, what else???? LOL
As always, Dave, you are METICULOUS! Perfectionist Cowboy??? ~jules

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was expecting Pictures of Cops in Allstraila driving Vipers or Something! Where are the before photos! I have never had my "belly pan" off so I was wondering are the Drive shaft and Half Shaft keepers stock or aftermarket? I did notice Daves Trans Mount looks Great, too! Also I noticed no pads on the Jack stands? What not worried about scratching the Frame ??? Seriously did you take photos of the "Fuzz down Under" befoe you cleaned it up and how many miles did it take to get it that way?

No before photos. Take your 8 year car up the air for a visual - assuming this has never been done before on it - and you'll get the point.

I'm convinced that the "fuzz" is years of trace fluid leakage etc mixed with dust and dirt that doesn't get washed away like on a DD car because of no wet weather driving. My Super Duty got no fuzz down under and has seen many a wet drive.

The loops are all aftermarket.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one with my mind in the gutter...no one else expected to see Dave with a Brazilian?!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm convinced that the "fuzz" is years of trace fluid leakage etc mixed with dust and dirt that doesn't get washed away like on a DD car because of no wet weather driving.

Dave, I can verify that the fuzz is not washed away on a DD and it is actually a good rust preventative. I apply a little bit more every day.

D

DAMN YANKEE

You are one sick bast*rd Dave, there is a surgical proceedure for this you know.....now about that deeply troubling rust?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is EXACTLY what I thought too.

My thoughts are HOW did you let it get that dirty in the first place. I am always wiping down the underside of my Vette and Viper and they both look just as good as the day I bought them but then I park on a KwikLift so it is much easier to maintain when it is always in your face.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow your underside is so CLEAN Dave.

oh my

when are you cleaning MY Viper?

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm gonna let the guy who owns mine next clean it. It'll give him something to do.

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What'd you expect this to be? :rolleyes:

Hey Dave.. I came across this pic surfing thru the cleaning thread as I always enjoy reading your posts.. bit concerned if driven as shown..

You probably already know.. the floor panel is a shear panel, it is a structural component, thickness and material of the panel strength is necessary. The frame is like a ladder in a plan / top view, the left or right frame rail can now move forward or rearward in relation to each other. The floor panel helps prevent the frame rails from this racking stress. That loop tube design will not help prevent racking, it's merely another straight rung in the ladder. You may not have a problem immediately, but over time due to fatigue there will be, cracks at the other crossmember welds, etc..

Only thing I could suggest as a solution is to notch the floor panel around the loop angle that is fastened to the rail and them together, so the loop and the floor panel is one assembly that is bolted to the frame rails, or it may be fine not welding them together. I'm also thinking you already have a floor panel notched and just removed it for cleaning?

Mike

PS.. i.e. the past 998 / 999 recall is an example of frame racking related problems.. why they needed to add gussets on the horizontal shear plane.. more prone to similar cracking problems removing the floor panel..

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my rock tray is installed and notched to fit. You can kinda see it in the rear diffuser Sneaky Pete decal showcase pic below.

Much easier to do the cleaning I did with the tray off. Kind of like my clothes when I was wearing that Tyvek suit. Off.

WHAT???

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've been thinking of spraying the bottom with degreaser, then just putting the garden sprinkler under it for about 30min per section it cleans. I was under there doing a lot of work, its not really dirty but its also not really clean.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i've been thinking of spraying the bottom with degreaser, then just putting the garden sprinkler under it for about 30min per section it cleans. I was under there doing a lot of work, its not really dirty but its also not really clean.

I come straight off the water heater so I use 130* water. That combined with the hose nozzle which you can direct and get aimed at all of the nooks and crannies I believe is the most effective way to do it. The degreaser is only part of the equation. The high pressure water is the rest, and it must be directed at the dirt.

And like you, mine wasn't nasty under there, but I wanted squeaky clean. Because I can. :headbang:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my rock tray is installed and notched to fit. You can kinda see it in the rear diffuser Sneaky Pete decal showcase pic below.

never doubted you for a second dave

pete looks cool down yawnder :2tu:

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i think i may just have to get the carup in the air as high as I can and just spray it down with the power washer.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea i think i may just have to get the carup in the air as high as I can and just spray it down with the power washer.

Well, jumping from a water sprinkler to a high pressure washer might not be the best step, unless you can throttle it back a bit and keep your distance with that nozzle. You can force water into places it's not meant to go, as well as actually damage or break plastic parts that might have gotten brittle or bend things like the aluminum collector heat shields.

I think city water pressure of 30 to 40 psi is enough, but I also think with a lift an intelligent person could successfully use the power washer. Just be careful and have a code reader handy to troubleshoot those weird wet connector CEL's you might get... :D

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...that is way too clean! lol

If I took a pic of my car right now after the trip to the mountains then to the track back to back without a wash it might make you sick to your stomach:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96