The New Coupe is Nice....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure you saw the new coupe?? because ive seen the new coupe a couple of times in person and it looks better and better every time I look at it. the new coupes are awesome :2tu:

If it gets better and better... it means that your mind is compensating and justifying what you are seeing and want to believe. In the 90's, I don't ever remember somone saying the Gen1/2's didn't do much for them in the beginning, but it looked better and better every time they saw one, or "Pictures don't do it justice."

It was an instant lust. Drove many of us to get a job so we can eventually own one.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the coupe, not as much as I like the GTS but I do think the coupe looks much better in person especially the copperhead. That color is sweeeet

There are still a few things that I really disagree with. I know its small and insignificant in many ways but I really don't like the fact that it is called an SRT, and also what bothers me more (and is consequently probably more insignificant) is the fact that they changed the logo. I dont know why but when they did that I felt they were making an intentional differentiation between what was and what was going to be, and I personally felt that was a mistake. Now that retro is cool, and means more dollars from a marketing standpoint they are using old lettering (i.e. HEMI, challenger, R/T). I think they wanted to clearly say this car is an SRT first, not a Viper first and I think that may have been a mistake. I would not be surprised if they went back to Sneaky at some point. I am at the very least sure that when they remake the ACR they will leverage the classic logo from the GTS.

Now with the coupe they are scrambling to regain some of their old customers back by attempting to take as many styling ques from the GTS and apply them to the SRT. I think it looks more like a GTS evolution now. Not jaw dropping, ground breaking awe but nice just the same. I may be the only one who feels strongly about this but at least Chevy got it right and they have one of the most loyal fan base for the Corvette (which is synomous with the double flags).

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I can't wait to see a new coupe in person. I love how it looks in pics and figure it will look even better in person.

Have yet to see any on the road in my area.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I LOVE THE NEW COUPE. I love the GTS and RT/10 as well. When the SRT-10 made its debut, I thought "Cool, but I still prefer the GTS and RT/10" When I saw the first pictures of the SRTC, I thought "That's cool...but I think I still like the GTS/RT10"

But when I saw a blue/silver SRTC in real life at the LA Auto show I thought "Wow...this car is just as cool as the GTS coupe and better than the RT/10."

The side by side pictures of the b/w gts vs. the b/w srtc on the srt-10 part of this forum, made it hard for me to choose. I love them both. They both have pluses and minuses in the looks dept. and if I were given a choice between the two, I'd have a very, very hard time choosing.

IMO you can't go wrong with either coupe. Both awesome in the looks dept. (and this opinion is coming from a car designer...me :D )

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are Fu$%$ing crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. Aint Denial a *****.

That's a pretty ignorant statement bro. This is my honest opinion on the car. It's nice, but not in the same league as genI and II's, and this is the right place for my opinion.

If you have a different opinion, that's cool, but don't think for a minute I, or anyone else here is in denial. If I wanted the new coupe, I would get it, that simple, get it?

Ingnorant ? So let me get this right, bustin yer ballz is now ignorant? .. got it, then you have been ignorant on a number of occasions. :D I was having fun with ya inferno.. ;)

But adminetly, my opinion is that coupe is nice, and is a better car over all then the gen 2. But I wont be buying one, because it still doesnt live up to the performance expectations I personally set for Dodge, so until they match my expectations, they will not received another one of my pennies!

Jon

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I had my GTS for years and loved it, but my new coupe is just as good looking and drives WAY better. When I drive it It gets all the same attention as my old GTS and then some. But as they say it is what you like not everyone else likes. I say if you don't like the new coupe don't buy one. It is that simple.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say I had my GTS for years and loved it, but my new coupe is just as good looking and drives WAY better. When I drive it It gets all the same attention as my old GTS and then some.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not to bash your car, but the first year of a new body change always brings on curious onlookers...I remember seeing crowds around PT Cruisers when they were introduced....AL... :eek:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that.
u must be talking to yourself again.... up your lithium dosage :buttkick:

Seriously though, the srtc is awesome, and looks/runs great and aggressive, no doubt about it... the difference between the two is that one is designed by artists while the other is designed by computers, and it shows. We all know the gts ***** in wind tunnels compared to the srtc, but the gts is more organic and inspires passion like no other .

You really can't lose with either, but the gts will always carry a more human element, and in the decades to come, it'll be apparent by it's resale value compared to the srts. For now... enjoy the snake you have! :2tu:

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not comparing your car to a PT Cruiser, that is a true fact...Look at the Mustangs last year..they were the hit of the cruise nights..This year, who gives a F...nobody gives em a second look...My Prowler gets more attention than my Viper...Big Deal...Al... :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a 96 b/w GTS parked right beside a 06' FE Coupe. I was expecting to far more prefer the SRT-C, but I didnt. I liked the SRT-C, but my eyes kept going back to the Gen 2. If I had to pick between the 2, I still take the GTS just because of the design, but its 1 of few cars I would take over a new cope

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald she's stock....one of a handfull that I know of....got it from Mike Robbins at Ringgold Dodge...he had two..the other went to Texas.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
u must be talking to yourself again.... up your lithium dosage :buttkick:

Seriously though, the srtc is awesome, and looks/runs great and aggressive, no doubt about it... the difference between the two is that one is designed by artists while the other is designed by computers, and it shows. We all know the gts ***** in wind tunnels compared to the srtc, but the gts is more organic and inspires passion like no other .

You really can't lose with either, but the gts will always carry a more human element, and in the decades to come, it'll be apparent by it's resale value compared to the srts. For now... enjoy the snake you have! :2tu:

Actually the cd of the GTS is lower than the SRTC. :D

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the VCA, doesn't DC read these post???The coupe scks in looks.Cheap asss rear flares.What the hell are these people thinking? Do they have any imagination, ideas?Where did the true Viper dissapear to? It's tasteless.No AWWWWW SHTTT FACTOR ASSOCIATED WITH THE CAR. It looks like another American sport car put together overnight. I don't care what flap i'm getting but the GEN1-2 rock this hunk of crap off the chart. I rather have the gen3 covertible any day over the coup. Did anyone of you guys feel the gas cap on this car? It looked cheesy. Stupid ass Germans are screwing another American car down the drain.Like Isaid last year and I'll say it again.The end of the Viper is taking place. To the poor souls that keep saying the coup looks better, well you better get your **** out and smoke some more Hydro. You Iz Wasted :bonker:

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are Fu$%$ing crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. Aint Denial a *****.

That's a pretty ignorant statement bro. This is my honest opinion on the car. It's nice, but not in the same league as genI and II's, and this is the right place for my opinion.

If you have a different opinion, that's cool, but don't think for a minute I, or anyone else here is in denial. If I wanted the new coupe, I would get it, that simple, get it?

Ingnorant ? So let me get this right, bustin yer ballz is now ignorant? .. got it, then you have been ignorant on a number of occasions. :D I was having fun with ya inferno.. ;)

But adminetly, my opinion is that coupe is nice, and is a better car over all then the gen 2. But I wont be buying one, because it still doesnt live up to the performance expectations I personally set for Dodge, so until they match my expectations, they will not received another one of my pennies!

Jon

I almost forgot, you want a Ford. :shocked: Have you found one yet? It's all good Jon, I'm play'in too, just doesn't come across the same on a keyboard. Now get off my Balls! :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seldom does tongue in cheek humor come across on the web properly.

As to choices. It can be said with clarity that anyone who bought a Gen III could have bought a Gen I or II, had a Gen I or II or still has a Gen I or II. No way can logic be turned the other way indicating that everyone with a Gen I or II could have purchased a Gen III.

What is comes down to is individual likes/dislikes and priorities. I for one demand open air driving with a sports car. So a Coupe never entered my mind. The loss of the sports bar (big loss in the looks and uniqueness category) was offset by a useable roof and trunk. For me ultimately that and general driveability was the difference. The RT/10 was clearly more fun and more like a toy, but less capable of trips and drives with the wife.

We should praise each generation for its virtues rather than insult the choices of others and the intelligence of the designers and engineers. Insults and the like do not create the need for change. Nor do they convince people to change. Those who think that insults past, present or future will direct change to their benefit are painfully mistaken. The only thing that they effectively do is divide the Viper community and make people unhappy.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned a 2001 ACR bought new. It was discounted guys and had been there for 3 months. I just bought a first edition #138, and it had been there for two months , and it was discounted. So that part hasn't changed...only our memory is getting bad. That said, they are both great cars. The 06 is easier to drive, isn' as "edgy", but great in its own right. I bought the new one because I plan on tracking it and a warranty is great. As these cars get older, problems will arise, and that cost time and money. From a financial point, a new one to drive the wheels off made financial and time sense. Time will tell if I'm right.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seldom does tongue in cheek humor come across on the web properly.

As to choices. It can be said with clarity that anyone who bought a Gen III could have bought a Gen I or II, had a Gen I or II or still has a Gen I or II. No way can logic be turned the other way indicating that everyone with a Gen I or II could have purchased a Gen III.

What is comes down to is individual likes/dislikes and priorities. I for one demand open air driving with a sports car. So a Coupe never entered my mind. The loss of the sports bar (big loss in the looks and uniqueness category) was offset by a useable roof and trunk. For me ultimately that and general driveability was the difference. The RT/10 was clearly more fun and more like a toy, but less capable of trips and drives with the wife.

We should praise each generation for its virtues rather than insult the choices of others and the intelligence of the designers and engineers. Insults and the like do not create the need for change. Nor do they convince people to change. Those who think that insults past, present or future will direct change to their benefit are painfully mistaken. The only thing that they effectively do is divide the Viper community and make people unhappy.

Well said. When all is said and done, I whole heartily agree with your last paragraph. I did my best not to insult, but I was just disappointed with the new coupe. For the record, I like the SRT vert allot better than the coupe.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost forgot, you want a Ford. :shocked: Have you found one yet? It's all good Jon, I'm play'in too, just doesn't come across the same on a keyboard. Now get off my Balls! :D

haha, exactly... thats the Inferno I expect. We all know something is wrong with me for wanting a damn Ford :bonker: TOTALLY agree on that. Anyways Chicago ***** balls right now, matter of fact, im freezing mine off up here, maybe thats why I'm on yours, cant feel my own right now... lol... ok on second though, that might not sound right..

Anyways Keep piss'n them off Inferno, I love to watch the show.
:D
Jon

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got money.Who wants to bet me that the Viper will end production by the year 2009...Im saying it now.With the hint of the Challenger coming out and the concentration and effort by DC on the Hemi motor, it will be just a few more years before the end of an Era....

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is pretty good so I thought I would chime in with my thoughts. I love all Vipers, I have a Gen 1 and have been working on it for some time.

A few weeks ago I saw viperchad's Viper and found it to be quite impressive. I have to admit that I have never been a huge fan of the Gen 3 version of the car. Having said that, the new coupe brings back the respect the Gen 3 needed. It is a very beautiful car, I liked it so much I ordered a Copperhead version with black stripes. Hopefully it should be done with in the next 6 weeks.

So for me going from my Gen 1(which is now getting more work done to it)to a Gen 3 is a big difference.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This thread is pretty good so I thought I would chime in with my thoughts. I love all Vipers, I have a Gen 1 and have been working on it for some time.

A few weeks ago I saw viperchad's Viper and found it to be quite impressive. I have to admit that I have never been a huge fan of the Gen 3 version of the car. Having said that, the new coupe brings back the respect the Gen 3 needed. It is a very beautiful car, I liked it so much I ordered a Copperhead version with black stripes. Hopefully it should be done with in the next 6 weeks.

So for me going from my Gen 1(which is now getting more work done to it)to a Gen 3 is a big difference.

Congrats on the purchase! Anticipation must be killing you! Did you get to drive a Gen III yet? Give us a review once you've broken her in.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

congrats! :2tu: that should be an awesome color combo, please post pics when you get it! :2tu: :needpics:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing has come out since 1996 that has the 'jaw dropping' factor of the GTS. The Ford GT is close, but the exterior is really just a copy of the original GT40. The Ford GR1 will give the GTS a battle, but it is just a concept car at this point.

Viper87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I test drove the new coupe.... ehh it was pretty good. I still like the GTS soo much more! The GTS has more of a brutal in your face personality which the new coupe took away from. It is more refined than the GTS. I love the raw in your face attitude and presence the GTS delivers! :nana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte