The New GTS

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, I apologize for the bad photo quality.

I was rummaging through some old mags and found this ad in The Robb Report Collection dated June of 2002 .

I am either very uninformed (likely) or someone knew something no one else (in the know) let on about.

Notice the add says that the 2002 being shown is the "Last year of the GTS til 2006."

How did they know??????????????????????????????????????????

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Fitzgerald is "in the know". Sounds like some insider info just kinda leaked out in that ad....

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps they were just trying to sell the car? Dealers often s-t-r-e-t-c-h the truth to get you in the door, don't you think? Wasn't the car at VOI 8 labled a concept? A Gen 2 meets Gen 3 bastardized concept, but nevertheless still a concept? Just playing devil's advocate here. :)

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious if Bob Woodhouse or Bill Pemberton would care to comment on this one?

Hey Chuck Tator how about you? Speak now or forever hold your peace. :D

It seems to me that now we're all pretty much sure that a GTS (in some form) is going to hit the street was this just wishful marketing or a real leak?

Maybe a wishful leak. :D

S

SUN RA KAT

Some of the enthusiast auto magazines around mid Summer 2002 were also saying the Viper would be getting a coupe around 2006 when sales of the convertible slacked off.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think they were just going by the old years, the viper came out in '92 as a rt/10. The GTS came out 4 years later. So they estimated the year the new GTS was coming out.

Grey03Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the new GTS was coming out in 2005 :confused:

You must be registered for see images

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious if Bob Woodhouse or Bill Pemberton would care to comment on this one?

Hey Chuck Tator how about you? Speak now or forever hold your peace. :D

It seems to me that now we're all pretty much sure that a GTS (in some form) is going to hit the street was this just wishful marketing or a real leak?

Maybe a wishful leak. :D

I would think that Bob would have info on Ford stuff (GT, etc.) since they are the largest dealer I believe in the world, but their Dodge side is quite small. Yeah, I know they are the biggest for Viper sales, but being numero uno at Ford has got to be huge as far as future info goes?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950