The Official Gen IV Swing-Arm and pan group buy list

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the supply is low because they are using these pans on thae Gen V. Or, the factory increased the price when Gen V production so Chrysler has to pay more for them now too. Find the source.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys-

These pricing changes had nothing to do with Gen-5, or anything like that. Mopar jacked the pricing back in 2009. This is by no means a new product, we have been selling it since 2008, and had the first one produced the end of 2007. It was near 2 years into Gen-4 production that this was done, so again, it had nothing to do with helping Gen-4 sales either.

And actually I misquoted. The current list price for a Gen-4 pan is 1555.00- not 1200.00!

In response to latamud above, finding the source probably wont matter. Chrysler has agreements with pretty much all of their suppliers not to sell Chrysler parts to anyone but Chrysler. Surplus items are the only exception in most cases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, witz323. Updated list:

1. ipetrov
2. NO HEMI
3. swexlin
4. Copperhead133
5. neo rambo
6. witz323

Dan, do you have a preliminary estimate on the price with 6 names so far? Also what would it look like at the #10 breakpoint? Thanks!

OP
OP
I

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think I figured out the optimal strategy for getting best bang for the buck on the stock pan. At least for those owners who even remotely consider the potential resale of their car (I'm actually not one of them). Keep the OEM. Upon resale, stock components would tend to bring more money - not sure how many of the continuously expanding group of potential buyers even know what a swing-arm pick-up is, or why it's better than stock. By contrast, many gen 3 owners here do, so, thanks to Mopar, even a used Gen IV pan will command a decent price.

Worst case scenario, assuming Mopar continues the 400% viper tax, you'll sell it for maybe a third of what you paid, so factor an additional 33% or so discount to this group buy :)

In other words, you'll likely recoup a very small chunk of the purchase price of pretty much any other mod (from headers to tires), but not for this one - thanks to our friends at Mopar.

Last edited: