The Quest for 275 MPH

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, been a while since I posted anything but there have been a lot of updates to getting it prepped to run soon. The engine is back together with new billet crank from Callies, new Callies rods, new custom Wiseco pistons, all new ARP studs top and bottom, lots of machine work to allow it to handle the XXXX WHP we plan to make. If schedule works out with location the attempt can happen before June. I'm really looking forward to looking down that runway soon. Here are some pics from recent days.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Awesome would be an understatement. Really look forward to seeing the new results.
I am so looking forward to this next run, on paper the 275 MPH is very much within reach of the car but I've been doing this a long time and I've seen the smallest issue crush that effort. Hoping for a great day and that I get to report another big speed back to everyone. Thanks to everyone for the support over the years. David

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Been forever since I posted anything, but I am closing in on my attempt at 275+ MPH. Blucifer is at Gearhead Fabrication in Jenson Beach FL getting a lot of final modifications for this run. I will start back posting pics, info and of course keep you guys informed once I make the attempt. I'm excited at how close we are to starting it up and eventually getting it on a dyno to tune it and see what it does.

Attachments

• Blucifer Rear Hatch Pic 1.jpeg
    Blucifer Rear Hatch Pic 1.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Blucifer Rear Hatch Pic 2.jpeg
    Blucifer Rear Hatch Pic 2.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 8

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you need more NOS.

Focus on the aero and closing up stuff and taping gaps, look at a full belly pan. Air does interesting stuff and the opposite of what you think it should do unless you know about aero.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Lol is there ever such a thing as too much NOS? Just to be clear the red bottles are fire suppression, so only 2 bottles are for nitrous and they are only used when IATs reach a certain temp. As to aero i hope to put it in a wind tunnel for testing prior to the run but I may run out of time. The car has vertical fins on roof and also on the rear between quarter panel and hatch. The belly pans are similar to OEM but we cover more area. The diffusser is taller, longer and goes slightly past the rear bumper. Aero is definitely a balancing act, downforce makes for a stable ride but every time you add downforce you scrub speed. Attached are a few pics of a template for the roof fins. We will make actual fins from these.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hope to run late August/early Sept if it all comes together in time. If its after that I dont know the next date we would have access to a runway. Its been a 4 year build and like any vehicle with big HP/torque there is always the possibility of little issues that can come up at the last minute.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes thats the current plan. Don't have a plan B at the moment so hoping that works out.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Looking at the progress on Monday I'm on the fence as to if we will make it to Maine on time with a car that's been sorted/tested. There are so many custom "one off" parts in this build that engineering and designing everything to work together is tough. We do expect to start it soon, then if everything is good, no leaks or other issues it's onto the dyno for the tuning. Even after we are satisfied with the numbers there is a lot of work still to do. All the body panels have to be put back on, aero parts installed, every nut/bolt has to be tightened/checked and so much more. I won't drive it in Maine unless I have had some seat time in the car. This build is so different than the one I did 252 in that I need time to know how it feels and reacts. We basically have a month and a few days at most to reach that fully assembled and ready to roll if we are going to make Loring Maine, otherwise I will find another option somewhere.

BoondocSaint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense man, everything needs to be right and tight to push the limits. When I went 275, I had to...na, I'm just kidding lol. No need to rush to failure or injury. You know this community looks forward to seeing this achievement, even if it takes a little longer to reach. Definitely keep us posted on your progress.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@FST SNAKE get a paint marker and each bolt, nut you tighten, marker it with the marker. Can also help you see if it loosen up if you draw a line.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I defiantly won't attempt 275 without being 100% ready and marking the nuts/bolts is a great idea to do also. We safety wire a lot of what I would consider critical fasteners, I try to avoid as many risks as I can and the ones that I can't I prepare for them as much as possible.

OP
OP
FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Blucifer progress is continuing, and Gearhead is working toward being able to start it soon. Here are some pictures of the catch can which is located in the rear of the car over the battery box. The Peterson oil tank will be vented into it along with the engine. Keeping it in the rear keeps any oil dumped into the tank that overflows out the catch can vent from getting under the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BW56