The slowest viper in the world

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of threads about fastest this and fastest that. Thought I would post showing proof that I am the slowest viper driver on the planet. I am going 55 in a 55.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, as long as your enjoying your car it's all good!

It's my third viper and I seem to be going slower and slower with each incremental hp increase.

I do enjoy it. It's almost a daily for me (commute is very very short). Going 100 miles each way on business tomorrow...iikely take the viper. Don't care about mileage,,,, having too much fun being behind the wheel.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of threads about fastest this and fastest that. Thought I would post showing proof that I am the slowest viper driver on the planet. I am going 55 in a 55.

You have achieved mastery over yourself. Well done sir. You're a better man than me....

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take mine out once a week (weather permitting) only on a saturday. Usually i take a highway and set my cruise control above 65 mph in a 60mph zone. Nice easy cruising in the right lane. If i do not use cruise control i find myself going a lot faster. Just not worth for me getting a ticket or loose a license since my business is used car business. All my insurance rates and etc depend on how healthy is my license. Not to mention state of NJ has the highest insurance rates in the country. I get passed by minivans. lol and i do not give two ****s about it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, right there with you ..................took my Snake down to my son's for Thanksgiving and it was about 20 degrees and the cops were out heavy. Did the whole trip at posted limits of 55 or 60. Besides , not sure I ever got the tires even semi warm?!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am now officially a senior citizen ! so sad :(, wake up boys the party isnt over. 55 :omg:, REALLY? OMG someone say this is not happening.

just saying, 55, say its not so. :drive:

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am now officially a senior citizen ! so sad :(, wake up boys the party isnt over. 55 :omg:, REALLY? OMG someone say this is not happening.

just saying, 55, say its not so. :drive:
its not the age its your mental state of mind and physical shape, whats important

OP
OP
P

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.

I'm 63, my first fastish car was back in 1972, a V12 Jaguar E-type. Had sports cars on and off ever since. Lost the need for speed but still need the fast car look and feel. I also don't have the reflexes and skills anymore. Know a few much younger than I, that have wrecked their vipers. I have lost control of a viper over the years with the G2, G3, and G5 (nannies saved me). Never wrecked but sober reminder that I have average driving skills at best.

....took it to work again today.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I regularly drive the speed limit when I'm out on my own. Going fast is fun, but not with other people around. I don't want people thinking I'm some adrenaline fueled nutjob and to give the car a reputation or bad name around town. I also daily mine, pretty much regardless of weather (aside from snow). I think someone put it best here on a post where they said they enjoy driving fast cars, but not necessarily driving fast. And I'm only 27, so I guess I'm way old for my age, lol.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMap, you sound like a great American, at 27 to be so responsible and level headed. I think thats AWESOME.:usa: If I had a Viper at 27 I do not think I would be alive.:D

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've hit my share of triple digits, but I try to only do it when no one else is around to get in my way ;). I've sworn one day I'll make it to the track, just looking for a good one to start at where there aren't many fences to hurt the learning process. Been meaning to make it to the Hastings invitational around mid-year, but things just haven't worked out in the past. Sounds like it's a good track to learn on with plenty of room to make mistakes that don't cost much.

Ironically the only people I've stop light raced are my parents in their Vipers, lol. They're such a good influence on me.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are blessed to have good parents, my Dad passed when I was just 10 years old, but he was such a great Dad and only had a short time with me, but he was the greatest influence on my life to this day. He would have had such a blast in a Viper.:usa:

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good thing that you don't live here in Fl. where the speed limit is 70 mph, but more like 80-85 all day long. When you have old Granny passing you up at 85, you start to wonder ? *** ? So 90-100 is not uncommon, here. I have no Radar Eqp. , never have.
AND nice roads, no chuck holes!

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Central Florida is a great place to own a Viper...plus there are a lot of long straight lonely back roads to break the law on. But, it you do something stupid out there, you may be sitting for a while or may never be found....

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a related note...I was asked the other day about gas mileage. Said I get 18 highway and 10 city. The guy I was chatting with in his Prius stated he was over 40 MPG and he remarked that it was over 4x my mileage. I laughed and told him "Maybe so, but I have 100x the fun you have driving a Prius. Do the math." He sort of shirked and walked away. I called that one of those Priceless moments in Viper ownership.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If people ask me I Just say I have a motorcycle that gets 40-50 mpg based on wind conditions. The motorcycle miles offset the Viper miles right? That must be how that works, even though I only rode the bike a few times this year compared to daily driving the Viper...

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually enjoy driving mine slow, I think it's more relaxing to just enjoy the drive when I can. And it's nice to know I've got the power to let loose if I choose too :)

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought I was the only Viper owner that drove conservatively!! In the past I've been hesitant to admit that I enjoy driving my Vipers moderately. I used to enjoy speed much more than now. Guess age is catching up with me--still like to have fast cars though--Dave

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be aware and safe on the street...many other people are around you...hammer it on the track...much more rewarding!