The things that kids say . . .

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think we could all take a little advice from my 5 year old (but not completely:).) We were just lying down on his bed playing with matchbox cars. I had a Hummer and he had a Corvette. I said to him, "You know, that car you have there is a Corvette." He said "So"? I said "The Corvette is the Viper's arch-enemy." He then said something profound (and quite funny.) He said "Dad, why are you always so negative? Can't the Viper and the Corvette just be brothers? They are both nice looking and they both go fast." Now if he'd said "and they are both American" then I'd have had a heart attack. But back to the point. I would have to say that 100% of the Corvette owners I have passed on the road (that have seen me enough in advance) honk, wave or give a thumbs up. I'm NOT a Vette guy but the Vette owners have always been very nice.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a cute story. I am friendly to Corvette guys. Lots of friends of mine have them. They are just a different kind of car but with the power they are putting down now a days, they are hard not to respect. 435HP for the standard version, 505 for the Z06, and 620HP for the SS. I respect, just not for me at this time. I think at the same price the Viper looks better but for a daily a base Vette would be good for me; if I lived in a nice weather state.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree with both of you guys, I'm a die hard car nut, so I can appreciate any vehicle based on its merits. My brother drives a C5 Vette with a 150shot of the laughing gas and he had his car since February. I come from a die hard foreign luxury background and would have never even considered a domestic car, much less a DODGE! lol But just being exposed to his domestic on a consistent basis gave me a entirely different outlook on them.

My brother is actually the one that recommended I look at the VIPER. I got my Snake in AUGUST of 08 :D:drive:

I like Vettes alot, I just chose the Viper because it felt I was getting more the money (looks, exclusivity, etc)

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THESE WINTER MONTHS CERTAINLY ALLOW MORE QUALITY TIIME WITH THE KIDS

fatherhood.jpg

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go buy a matchbox. How many Vettes do you see in comparison to Vipers hanging on the rack? It doesn't matter what size our cars are in..........

Vettes ARE a dime a dozen and it doesn't matter what size they come in. It is exclusivity, and thats why they hate us so much. That and our our cars jump higher, run faster, and play harder. Vettes? What about them.....

my 1/2 cent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery