The Viper LIVES!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is very proud to announce that Dodge has informed us that the Viper will CONTINUE under the Dodge brand for at LEAST the next two model years. This is due in no small part to the efforts of the national officers and especially Bob Carroll, who donated hundreds upon hundreds of hours to help make our voices heard. CAAP will continue to build 'em and we will continue to buy 'em.

Thanks go out to all the folks at Dodge, Chrysler, and Fiat for their continued support. Congratulations to everybody in the VCA!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PARTYTIME AT VOI 11 NEXT YEAR TO CELEBRATE THIS!!!

Speaking of which, do we have sponsoring again for that all of a sudden? How big of an influence were the member discussions on here?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What great news. I will be sure to spread that news at Mopar Nationals tomorrow!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the post from the Chrysler Media site-

Dodge Viper SRT10 Will Live On Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 10, 2009 - Chrysler Group LLC announced today that production will continue for the legendary Dodge Viper SRT10. Originally slated to cease production in December 2009, the Chrysler Group Conner Avenue Assembly Plant — the exclusive home of Dodge Viper production since 1995 — will continue to build the V-10 powered sports car. Chrysler Group is no longer pursuing a sale of the Viper business assets.
“The Dodge Viper has successfully captured the hearts and imagination of performance enthusiasts around the globe,” said Mike Accavitti, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dodge Brand. “We’re extremely proud that the ultimate American-built sports car with its world-class performance will live on as the iconic image leader for the Dodge brand."
Introduced as a concept car in 1989 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, the Dodge Viper was designed and engineered to test public reaction to the concept of a back-to-basics, high-performance, limited production sports car.
The reaction was so overwhelming that customer orders began to flow in even before the auto show was over. Chrysler Corporation immediately decided to determine the production feasibility on transforming the crowd-pleasing Dodge Viper show car into a limited-production sports car in no more than three years.
In May 1990, after months of intensive study and testing, Chrysler Corporation announced that the Dodge Viper, powered by an aluminum V-10 was a “go.”
Dodge Viper production began in May 1992 at the New Mack Assembly Plant and was moved to Conner Avenue in October 1995. Viper V-10 engine production transferred from Mound Road Engine to Conner Avenue Assembly in May 2001. In 2008, Dodge introduced the all-new, fourth generation Dodge Viper SRT10. With more horsepower, more torque and more than 30 exterior and interior color combinations, the latest Viper gives enthusiasts the performance they expect on the track and off, with more factory customization options than before.
For 2009, the Dodge Viper SRT10 offers outrageous power, with an 8.4-liter, 600-horsepower (450 kW) V-10 engine contributing to blistering acceleration (0-60 mph in less than four seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the low 12-second range), setting an American sports car benchmark.
To date, more than 25,000 Dodge Vipers have been built.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY COOL!!

I guess there will be allot of ads on fleabay that will need to be updated(last of the viper!).....and prices lowered...ha ha!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this mean the current model will continued to be built? What about the new crash standards that take affect? Does this mean that a new model will need to be designed and launched?

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler Announces Decides To Keep Viper

Chrysler Decides Not to Sell Viper Sports-Car Unit (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

By Mike Ramsey
July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Chrysler Group LLC, the U.S. automaker run by Fiat SpA, said it will no longer pursue the sale of the Dodge Viper sports-car business.
The Detroit plant that makes the $91,000 car, powered by a V-10 engine, will continue production, the Auburn Hills, Michigan-based company said today in a statement. The factory had been slated to close at the end of 2010.
Chrysler is keeping the Viper business, which had been for sale since August 2008, after the company was formed on June 10 from assets of the bankrupt Chrysler LLC. The Viper unit had 2008 earnings before interest and taxes of $16 million, according to bankruptcy documents.
The Viper “captured the hearts and imagination of performance enthusiasts around the globe,” Mike Accavitti, chief executive officer of the Dodge brand, said in the statement.
U.S. sales of the Viper fell 48 percent to 309 in this year’s first half. The two-seat car, which began sales in 1992, is more than twice as expensive as any other Chrysler model.
To contact the reporter on this story: Mike Ramsey in Southfield, Michigan, at [email protected]

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Chrysler Announces Decides To Keep Viper

Dodge is proud to announce the continuation of Dodge Viper SRT10® production beyond the 2009 calendar year!

Originally slated to cease production in December 2009, the Viper business is no longer for sale, and the Connor Avenue Assembly Plant, the sole home of Viper production since 1995 will continue to produce the V-10 powered sports car. This is great news for our Company as well as for the dedicated team at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit who build this iconic American car.

We at Chrysler Group LLC are committed to building great products that exceed the expectations of our customers and, over the years, the legendary Dodge Viper is the type of great product that has set our company apart. Since the Viper’s introduction as a concept car at the 1989 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, it has captured the hearts and imagination of enthusiasts around the world. Then as now, Viper remains a pure formula for “melding man and machine.”

With its dramatic styling and 600 horsepower, the 2009 Dodge Viper SRT10 is simply the ultimate Dodge. Available as a coupe or roadster, the Viper SRT10 launches from 0 to 60 mph in less than 4 seconds and reaches a top speed of more than 200 mph. Viper is a powerful reminder of the great vehicles that make this company extraordinary!

May you all enjoy a safe and relaxing two weeks with your family and friends.

Mike Accavitti
President and Chief Executive Officer
Dodge Brand
http://www.odysseybattery.com/batteries.html

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be watching... I'd love to buy a new one but it's still not in the cards for me (or my "toys" budget)...

Long live VIPER!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is very proud to announce that Dodge has informed us that the Viper will CONTINUE under the Dodge brand for at LEAST the next two model years. This is due in no small part to the efforts of the national officers and especially Bob Carroll, who donated hundreds upon hundreds of hours to help make our voices heard. CAAP will continue to build 'em and we will continue to buy 'em.

Thanks go out to all the folks at Dodge, Chrysler, and Fiat for their continued support. Congratulations to everybody in the VCA!

That is good news BUT how about you all [Chris/Bob] asking them to restore a VCA supporting Viper Dealer? Don't do it for me, do it for your VCA family and America! :usa:

Take note of the "views counter"

http://www.legalshowtime.com/video/62/The-Fight-to-Save-Tator

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is good news BUT how about you all [Chris/Bob] asking them to restore a VCA supporting Viper Dealer? Don't do it for me, do it for your VCA family and America! :usa:

Chuck -

One victory at a time my friend. This is a very big win for the Viper nation and certainly doesn't take away from your plight. Understand that you are now lumped in with 700+ other dealers that lost their franchises: It is much, much more difficult than when we campaigned very heavily on your behalf behind the scenes when you were "singled out" previously. To this day I don't suspect many know to what lengths the VCA went to "Save Tators".

Rest assured that we will continue our efforts behind the scenes but will not publicize any of it. Otherwise we will be answering phone calls and e-mails at all hours of the day from other dealers that are in the same boat as you.
Now back to our humble little victory dance for The Big Win. :beer:
Chris

:spin: :bounce: :spin:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you have Chris and I can't thank you all enough! Its just I still don't get it, it makes no business sense for what they have done? The Viper community HAS loyalty but 95 years doesn't?