These Kumho's are Fantastic!!

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These Kumho\'s are Fantastic!!

I finally put these on my RT10 and boy what a difference! They ride better, dont follow ruts as bad and stick like hell. Due to their price (roughly 1/2), I will never go back to Michelins. I cannot wait to see how they are on the track.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: These Kumho\'s are Fantastic!!

What did they cost you ?? Were did you buy them ?

I didn't know they made the Kumho's in a 335.

Cheers

Jeff

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

SNAKBIT said " How long do they last compared to the mich.'s?"

I remember an article comparing track usage the Kumho's and Michelins in one of the spring 2003 issues of Porsche Panorama...seems to me that the Kumho's wore out quickly...to the point that they thought the Michelin's were a better value.

Suggest that you get the article, as I am SURE there was a LOT MORE to the story...which presenly eludes my ability to recall.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Kumho Esta V700's are available in 17 X 335, no 18's yet. You cannot compare them to stock Pilots. I believe the wear ratings are 50 and 220 respectively. That said, the Kumho's stick like glue on autox or road track, the Pilots don't. They come with approximately 7/32" of tread, you must shave them down to 3/32" to run them on a high speed track.

One draw back is that the next size below the 335's is a 275. If you want to mix the Kumho's, go to the Vito-Racer, it is available in a 315, an obvious choice for the front. They don't have to be shaved. Personally I couldn't handle on a full time basis the continual shot blasting of the wheel wells.