Think I found 1, need help

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lookin at a 96 RT
25k miles (was a daily driver)short trip to the office.
Need some help / info:

1. All wheels have curb rash, (old guy couldn't park) can this be repaired / refinished?

2. Since it was a daily driver, (was also kept outside under cover) is there anything that I can anticipate down the road/
(It will be a garage queen for me)

3. It has those skinny, pointed at the front stripes, is there any way to remove them, and what kind of results can I expect in doing so?

4. It doesn't appear yo have been abused, (although all snakes should sleep inside, as mine will) still has just a smidgen of tread left on the original rubber 25k, body and interior look good, runs well.

5. What is a fair price to pay for one in this condition? Asking 40k

THANKS for any and all help

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd pull a car fax for one. Find a knowlegable Viper Tech in your
area and have the car checked over! (this is a must)
Gen 1 cars do have some inherant problems, but not bad if you are
expecting them. You can get a set of factory wheels from Jon B at the Parts Rack at a pretty good price, probably with factory tires on them if you want. You'll want to get to know the supporting vendors like Jon B. (Parts Rack) Sean Roe, (Roe Racing)Mgw Ltd. (Great Accesories) among others!
40K for a 96 R/T 25K miles is in the ball park and he is probably
some what negotiable?
AGAIN, HAVE THE CAR CHECKED BY A VIPER TECH!
What area are you in?

Good luck,
Steve

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many qualified shops can repair "scuffed" wheels and you'll never know the difference!! Don't know about the vinyl strips, but I prefer the ones that come all the way down. I assume the vinyl can be removed and new vinyl/paint put on if you wish. Again, there are many qualified people to do this type of work.

I agree with 2charmed - get the car checked out by a qualified Viper tech. It could easily be the best money you've ever spent. Also, depending upon your location, get in touch with the local Viper Club people, who will most likely be very helpful!!! Good luck.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have a day or two left on my carfax if you have the VIN. BTW, where's the car at and where are you at?

RSenn94RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the two passenger side wheels on my 1994 RT/10 repaired for curb scuffs. They look like new now. It cost me $150.00 to repair both wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery