Thinking about installing a paxton supercharger need some advice.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just Pricing out superchargers and Looked into getting a Paxton installed. Which should take my Acr up to 600 RWHP. But I want to know what you guys have and If your happy and what you would do different . To get the Paxton installed they said should take around 2 weeks and cost 10grand US. Which is around the price range I want to work with. Which I think is pretty good for the Hp you get in return. So any advice you guys could give or comments about Supercharging would be much appreciated . Thanks in advance .

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not really a do it your self kit. I am charging 8500 installed and tuned . If you want to buy direct and someone else install it the price would be lower. I would need to know what mods you already have. The installation takes about 10 to 12 hrs and is very driveable. Unfortunately you have a cast piston car and to go higher hp I would suggest internal engine work for more hp. If you have any further questions please call me in Ontario at 519 763 8473 8 till 5:30 est monday to friday

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Does that include any fuel system modifications? What if I wanted to go 10lbs?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the DIYer, the consensus seems to be to stay away from the Paxton right now. I know quite a few people who LOVE their Roe Supercharger setup (www.roeracing.com) . There are definitely more ROE cars out there than Paxton [on the kit, that is]. And ROE SC setups can be had for ~$7500 installed.

Good luck! But use the SEARCH button to check out what people are saying about the Paxton kit...

JD

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1, in his signature..

"1996 GTS Venom 500 Roe S/C 9.85 @ 144
2004 black SRT-10
Roe S/C $7495, polished, gen2 with free install !!
Dealer for:Roe Racing,NOS,M/T tires,Spec clutches
Local racing/cruise-in forums: http://www.streetcarforums.com "

last I knew he was even offering to fly to your nearest airport..but that may have changed

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony's a great guy who knows these ROE set-ups well. And he is quite the driver too.

I'd trust him with my car.

Actually, I do!

JD

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony's a great guy who knows these ROE set-ups well. And he is quite the driver too.

Actually, I do!

JD

I agree with JD. Tony is an ace mechanic and driver!

By the way, how many Roe blowers has Tony installed so far?

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not do it unless you install forged pistons. Take it from someone who has the same year and melted a piston. This was with a bigger intercooler as well.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does not include fuel upgrade. I will install the Roe blower no problem for the $7500. also it is up to you. For 10 psi I would need to change out your injectors and fuel pump and do a computer change out for you 97 GTSnake.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, I do!

JD

Thanks JD, You don't know how much it means to me for someone to trust me driving their car. And not just any cars, your DLM car and Utahvipers car.......I'm very fortunate to have been able to make some 1/4 mile blasts in that caliber of car.
Paolo, I have done about seven Roe s/c's

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, I do!

JD

Thanks JD, You don't know how much it means to me for someone to trust me driving their car. And not just any cars, your DLM car and Utahvipers car.......I'm very fortunate to have been able to make some 1/4 mile blasts in that caliber of car.
Paolo, I have done about seven Roe s/c's

Tony

I might let you blast my car throught the Quarter Mile in BG if interested! I need to work on speed shifting! I am slow on the shift!

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your feedback I really appreciate it .
My car is all stock so I would have to install all other accessories in order for my cream puff to handle the Hp gains . Which would include forged pistons (thanks for the heads up "pullshard") , intercooler , 3" exhaust and what ever else I would need . Maybe go with 3.55 rear end .

Do not do it unless you install forged pistons. Take it from someone who has the same year and melted a piston. This was with a bigger intercooler as well.

"pullshard" did you track your car or drag lots ? or did you just melt a piston from normal hard driving?

You guys think that I should just get forged pistons before something happens if I increase power on my cream puff or just go with out and hope I don't ?

I Private messaged Tony to see if he still willing or if he ever was to fly here and install a supercharger on my car sometime down the road.

Thnks again for the feedback gents.

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car was never dragged or raced. It melted a piston on the dyno of all places while tuning. If your going to dump 8-10 grand, might as well dump a little more for piece of mind. But here's the thing, the car lasted about 10,000 miles before it did this, so you can take your chances. You could go for it and install a vec2 and see how far you get. The vec2 looks like it would go a long way in helping any SC car last.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery