1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of selling my 2000 RT/10 104,800 miles... whats a good price?

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by Vipermann1, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Vipermann1

Vipermann1 Enthusiast

Ok, Viper Community, I need advise!!! I am selling my 2000 Viper RT/10 Red with Black Interior with 104,800 miles ... Yup!!!! you heard right.. Not a Garage Queen. Car was my daily driver, and it was well maintained by Dan Cragin in SOCAL. I originally placed it for $32,000 but was told that's too high for a high mileage car. So I reduced it to $29,000 when I placed the AD in Autotrader. I posted in GEN V forums, about pricing on a new Viper with the $15K rebate. So I am selling my 2000 since I only have a 1 car garage. I am reaching out to Woodhouse Dodge tomorrow for my new car Viper purchase (Support the Sponsors!!!) Please give me your opinions as you what you honestly feel the car is worth. - Thanks in Advance Everyone!!!!

2. Timnineside

Timnineside Enthusiast

Sounds like you may want to run your car through them. From my understanding they may give you a decent trade in value (for a dealer).

All in all it's hard to say what you should be asking. The miles scare most people away (my 08 has 73K miles and is a pain to try and sell). I'd say that car and color should be around mid $20's for a quick sale. $28K if you want to sit on it for a few months.

3. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

low 20s and do not hesitate to take reasonable offers in that range. on a trade you will get mid teens thats my feeling on this one.

4. denniskgb

denniskgb Enthusiast

i would buy yours in a heartbeat if i was on the market. love your car and mods, as far as mile no big deal

5. Vipermann1

Vipermann1 Enthusiast

Guys.... Thanks so much!!!.... I will reduce the price tomorrow. Appreciate your feedback!!!!

6. Vipermann1

Vipermann1 Enthusiast

You are right on the money.
    Went to a dealership today and they were talking $19,500, but if I purchased a new Lexus LS 460Lfor $85K.
    Privately, I was offered $23,000, and I refused.

Would I be unreasonable asking $26,000?????

7. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Enthusiast

asking and getting are very different. 26 might be a fair starting point but dont expect to get it

8. Doug Supercharged Vipers

Doug Supercharged Vipers Enthusiast

19 - 23K is a fair price, especially on a trade-in you receive the tax credit.

9. Doug Supercharged Vipers

Doug Supercharged Vipers Enthusiast

Found that out back in High School :dunno:

10. klamathpro

klamathpro Viper Owner

Dude, why did you drive it so much? It belongs in the garage, collecting dust, not on the road.

11. Vipermann1

Vipermann1 Enthusiast

Hahahaha.... Well it was either a "Daily Driver with tons of enjoyment" or a "Garage Queen Option".... I chose the first.

My car has been absolutely enjoyable and with problems. both Dan Cragin and I have seen way more problems with the "Garage Queen" vehicles.

12. ViperDC

ViperDC Enthusiast

Honestly, $23k sounds like a fair offer to me. As mentioned earlier in the thread, high miles weed out a lot of potential Viper buyers. Good luck with the sale!

13. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President Venom Member

I think seeing a car in person can fend off a lot of high mileage concerns. I just ticked over 73k on my 04 and really it barely looks any different than the day I bought it with 43k on the clock. Mechanically these things are so overbuilt that I'm not sure they'd wear out in one person's lifetime.

14. Vreracing

Vreracing Enthusiast

When I sold my Viper 2 years ago I posted a video using Flash of my usual daily drive. With so many video devices you could always post a video like that. I think it helps if the video is raw. There's no music in the background. The drive is through traffic with no breaks in the video and has unrehearsed stops, starts, and turns. If the instruments can be visible as well. In my video, traffic for some reason was going really slowly only giving my car a sense of speed.

http://racevideo.info/vipersale/viperdailydrive.html

15. diamond head

diamond head Enthusiast

Thats a great idea

16. Sybil TF

Sybil TF Enthusiast

No matter what he gets he got his money's worth driving it. GLWS!

17. Vipermann1

Vipermann1 Enthusiast

Well an update for my brotherhood, I have had 5 offers at $22,000 .... so I lowered the price. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for he PM on the real market value. Much appreciated!!!! You are all a great bunch!!!

18. ACRSNK

ACRSNK Enthusiast

I think if you can get $22K you are doing quite well. I wouldn't expect too much more. May not be worth it to hold out for another grand, or possibly less if you don't jump on it. Good luck in whatever you decide.

19. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

Doing the math here on the price drop due to mileage, would it not be worth buying a low mileage salvage engine then selling it on?

Say you got a low mileage engine off the Bay currently there's one advertised with a ball park figure of under 7K, put that in and surley the mileage issue would then be discounted?

If the car has good history surely that's worth paying for whatever the mileage?

20. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Enthusiast

Depends on buyer. I don't think you could ever recoup the expense of buying a lower mileage motor for resale value. The chasis still has the miles on it. There is a buyer out there for the car as is. I love seeing that some people choose to enjoy the car everyday versus the garage queen route. I wonder what other car from MY2000 could be purchased and driven over 100K miles in 14 years and still retain approximately 30% of its original value.

21. Cap'n Hook

Cap'n Hook Enthusiast

Don't listen to people telling you to trade it in to save on tax credits! Trading in at $19,500 saves you ~$187 in taxes, but you lose out on an extra $2,500 from selling it outright at $22,000.