Thinking of selling my DLM car..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, yup....
Thinking of selling. Money isn't the issue.. Just kind of burnt out and thinking of moving on from the world of Vipers.

If anyone has ANY interest, please drop me an email...
Car has 17,000 miles. Excellent condition and drives like a dream. Been supercharged for about 10,000 miles without a hitch and it runs like a clock. Car has close to 800 RWHP with recent upgrade installed by DLM (fuel system upgrade)

Gerald

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put down the crack pipe Gerald!
laugh.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

Gerald's NEW interest is raising money so he can fly a rocket ship to the International Space Station and stay there a few months. Then he's going to sell it to some aliens in exchange for their flying saucer.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
Gerald's NEW interest is raising money so he can fly a rocket ship to the International Space Station and stay there a few months. Then he's going to sell it to some aliens in exchange for their flying saucer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhmmm....Freebie?

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of the above. Just tired of fast cars. As I'm sure everyone can remember, I"m not a racer or really a car buff.
I just got it to get it and now the novelty is worn off and time to move onto other things. I don't think there is another Viper in my future or sports car for that matter.....

Gerald

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Put down the crack pipe Gerald!
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif

Oh, Gerald, say it isn't so!!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
None of the above. Just tired of fast cars. As I'm sure everyone can remember, I"m not a racer or really a car buff.
I just got it to get it and now the novelty is worn off and time to move onto other things. I don't think there is another Viper in my future or sports car for that matter.....

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been there Gerald... gotten to the point where I just was burned out on the whole "sports car" thing. First time it happened I got an AWD Eclipse (yeah yeah I know) but it was NICE to have a car that rode smooth and I could hold a conversation in, and the like. The second time it happened I got a BMW 3 series. Same deal. I don't mind driving that car around, whereas the Viper can get a bit tiresome.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, that is why i sold my stage 2 twin turbo buick i just took it too far. I backed off and now have a street car buick that runs high 9's and my basic bolt on viper mods. Sometime we just need to rethink our projects and not let our wild side take over. It would be a loss for the viper community if you left, only my 02 cents for what it's worth take care.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, I was in the same boat as you and I sold my RT/10. Now several months later I am dying to get another Viper. Just wait until you have the empty space in the garage, you'll see.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by Gerald:

Gerald
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Gerald, I'll trade ya, got a great looking and very practical Ford Focus. Staight across?
laugh.gif

Mike

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uhhhgghhh!

I'm serious, been contemplating it for a few months.....
At my 'younger' age, I think I want a house on the beach or someting like a larger house.......

Gerald

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Your just tired of handling all the HP. Since our cars are basically the same, I'd do you the favor of trading straight up!!
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
This way you don't have to worry so much about all that HP
laugh.gif

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the feeling Gerald. So far it has passed me before I became Viperless. I think its the everyday driving. Breaking the speed limit loses its fun after a couple of years and then you're driving the speed limit. I can do that in a neon...

then comes the sunny, 75 deg day to chase the blues away.

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald--

I say sell that bad boy if you're less than crazy about it. There's gotta be someone DYING to buy that car out there! Make sure it goes to a good home.

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gOOD CALL, yeah I figure someone out there would really love it as I still do, but the novelty has worn off as did my GenI DLM supercharged Viper..

I'm asking 69,500

Gerald

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you don't do it Gerald,

but if you do, wait until spring for more bucks from a national crowd, and that way I can pop over for a ride this Feb when at the parents condo. Have not had the pleasure of a ride on a boosted car, could be the downfall of my near stock GTS though.........
smile.gif

Your not hurting for cash, what about just tucking her to the side of the garage for nice days??

OP
OP
G

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by genXgts:
I hope you don't do it Gerald,

but if you do, wait until spring for more bucks from a national crowd, and that way I can pop over for a ride this Feb when at the parents condo. Have not had the pleasure of a ride on a boosted car, could be the downfall of my near stock GTS though.........
smile.gif

Your not hurting for cash, what about just tucking her to the side of the garage for nice days??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I"m not going to squabble over a few grand. A sale is a sale with all due respect. what more will I fetch? a few k?
I've felt deep down how the car makes me feel. Like any expensive car, it's become more of a handicap and actually makes me feel worse about my self esteem. Strange huh?
I've thought about DuPont Registry and advertising it for about mid 80's. I'm sure the car will bring it and then some. I had no problem selling the GenI and got what I asked. It'll take someone who's looking for something TOTALLY different. Someone just wanting a "Viper" (funny sounding, huh?) will think I"m crazy for asking this kind of money for that matter.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
uhhhgghhh!

I'm serious, been contemplating it for a few months.....
At my 'younger' age, I think I want a house on the beach or someting like a larger house.......

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had read your post earlier I would have gave you a hard
time about 'the ole biological clock ticking, and the nesting
syndrome kicking in' because all I could imagine was, you were
tired of being a player, and some woman had her hooks in you.
But after you explained yourself, I understand. With your car,
all I could see in my future would be tickets and worries about
getting tickets - it could get old. If you list it in a mag
like Dupont - play it up(motor hp not rwhp) and put a much higher price tag on it. Either way, good luck!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Seems like a logical price to begin. If I was a buyer, I would say, "O.K. I can buy a '98 GTS in incredible shape for $50,000-$55,000. That means he is asking $15,000-$20,000 extra for the mods. Are the mods worth that price?" I guess to answer that question, one would have to know what it would cost for a DLM Level II/Intercooled upgrade, plus any other mods you've performed.

So let the people know....

Later

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Are the mods worth that price?" I guess to answer that question, one would have to know what it would cost for a DLM Level II/Intercooled upgrade, plus any other mods you've performed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually you don't really have to know that because unless you get lucky mods are worth next to nothing. There is always a chance that the "right" buyer will pop up who wants exactly what Gerald has and will consider 69k (or more) a bargain considering the amount of money that has been spent on the car, but in general, mods don't add to the value of a car. The universe of potential Viper buyers right now is pretty small, and the universe of potential Viper buyers that would plunk down, say, 15-20k over book for a car modified to twice the factory horsepower is far smaller. Most people will wonder about the quality and longevity of the modifications, how hard the car has been driven, whether they could even drive a car with that much power, etc. The "right" buyer is almost going to have to be a board regular or another DLM customer, IMO. Gerald, I sincerely hope you get what you want for it; it's an awesome car. But I've seen some cars with over 100k in mods go for no more than they would if they were unmodified. It just goes with the territory.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess one way to look at the mods is if they worked. Which I'm inclined to think they do.

In the Ford and Camaro world there seem to be numerous claims of performance modifications that will increase power, but if not done right will prove to be ineffective.

If Gerald has done it, the Dyno proves it, and the car feels solid it might be worth the extra money.

BUD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People, his name is GERALD!! He should not be allowed to own a Viper anyway. What will come next? A Eugene? Maybe Gaylord? Just kidding
smile.gif

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel that way Gerald, though I think I can understand your point. Too bad she's just a mere $50,000 out of my price range. Would you consider trade on a well used Impala?

Seriously though I hope you get what she's worth. You broght this car to Carlise right? If so, worth every penny. Oh, and onerare, DLM isn't just any mod, Doug is one of only two tuners who increasee a cars value to me.

I can still expect you to lurk around right G?