thinking of selling

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been trying to export my 2001 RT10 to Australia. This looks like it may not happen, because of government regulations. My 96 RT is already there, so I won't end up Viperless.
So I may have to sell the 01 as I hardly use it and it sits in storage in LA.
I purchased the car 2 years ago in NC. It had 17K miles. At 16K the previous owner had the engine damper come off and the engine was rebuild by Arrow. At this time they installed a 708 cam and apparently some head work which the owner paid extra for. The car was maintained by Tom Sessions and he gave me a clean bill of health when I purchased it. When I purchased the carfax showed a problem which I found to be, the original owner had smashed the sill panel on a gutter and had it replaced. I have since added a 7.5 psi paxton.
So basically, the car details are as follows;

Red/Black interior (1 of 166)
Soft and Hard tops
short shifter
1 inch seat lowering kit
Paxton 7.5psi supercharger
stereo upgrade
6 point racing harness driver only
3 inch exhaust
708 cam
supposedly head work (how do you check that?)
Raptor shift light.
It has some form of integrated front and back radar detector, which does work but I don't use, as I prefer the V1
Current mileage is just shy of 30K
Paint is 9/10 slight sandbalsting of front and the odd minute nicks and scratches.
It runs 650+ HP and runs very strong. Mechanically it is A1

Question is, if I were to sell, what should I ask?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be curious why the engine was rebuilt after the damper spun off. That is not an engine damaging event (unless you continue to drive it with no water pump!). I know from experience. ;)

Assuming a nice healthy engine though, I'd guess between 55 and 58...that's me.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd be curious why the engine was rebuilt after the damper spun off. That is not an engine damaging event (unless you continue to drive it with no water pump!). I know from experience. ;)

Assuming a nice healthy engine though, I'd guess between 55 and 58...that's me.

Not every time, some destroy the crank.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not every time, some destroy the crank.

I've heard that too, but when I spoke with Chuck Tator about this, he said he's replaced lots of spun balancers and has never seen one destroy a crank. The metal on the balancer is quite soft compared the crank.

Anyone reading this had a crankshaft damaged by a spun balancer?

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard that too, but when I spoke with Chuck Tator about this, he said he's replaced lots of spun balancers and has never seen one destroy a crank. The metal on the balancer is quite soft compared the crank.

Anyone reading this had a crankshaft damaged by a spun balancer?

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=596721

I think RPM when it comes off has something to do with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950