This is why you should not rent vipers.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems fair to me ,, they probably charge extra if u go over 100 miles a day so u might as well have some low mileage fun,,,, and to think that viper will probably end for sale with 3-4k miles "nearly new"

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before clicking on the link, I was thinking it might be one of ours...

Yep, it happens. It's also why we had 2 Viper's totaled last year.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need 1, do you guys ever measure tread wear between rentals for the performance cars? Some ambitious renters could run up quite a bill for new rubber.

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can charge for repair or replacement for "excessive abuse" which that could fall under. Understandably if you rent a car like that you want to play with it, but we don't appreciate excessive abuse. We haven't had anyone completely tear up any tires yet though...

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHA, great post... That's what vipers are for, the true test is whether they would do this to their own cars, I know I have...

Would have been a much more hilarious video if the 16 year old got a lesson in viper insurance after smacking into one of those poles...

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is EXACTLY why you rent a Viper and the #1 reason why you don't buy a previously rented Viper. I'd rather learn the car's limits in someone elses car. I bet the rental agency charged them for the tires. Car rental for 24 hours $260, insurance $14, tire replacement $1,000. Total cost for a day of smelling burnt rubber $1,274.

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one

Same here.

I ALWAYS had people asking me to spin my tires at stop lights, parking lots, wherever. FOR WHAT? The only time I really purposely let them spin was when I was taking the car to put new PS2s on.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hell, I do that in my own car....NOT!:D

Actually I do. Probably done 20-30 sets of donuts, car still runs like a champ. Its why I buy american. They are built strong and usually dont break. If that was a ferrari or Lambo, different story.

Those kids didnt do any harm in my opinion other then ruining some tires.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burning tires makes for great vids!! especially when they are not my tires... but Mike R's!!! hahaha

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure those kids walked away saying OMG what a Beast!!!!!!!!!!Now that's advertising you just can't beat,foolish and dangerous, but I'm sure they want a viper!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys did anyone go to VOI 9, now those cars got Hammered nonstop for four days straight. I know, I saw one of the instructors completely delaminate a set of rears drifting. My wife was in the car, she had a smile plastered on her face all night. I did my best to wring the snot out of them at the drag strip. These cars are amazingly bulletproof!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys did anyone go to VOI 9, now those cars got Hammered nonstop for four days straight. I know, I saw one of the instructors completely delaminate a set of rears drifting. My wife was in the car, she had a smile plastered on her face all night. I did my best to wring the snot out of them at the drag strip. These cars are amazingly bulletproof!

Yep, we beat the piss out of them. On the course where you could drive there viper thru the cones, the guy let a group of us do run after run after run. Both cars had to go get new tires as they were coming apart. Got two more Vipers and we continued with the fun.
At the drag strip, launch after launch from many of us. I brought my own Viper, but then took a few tries in the stockers to try and beat buddies time. We beat those cars,worked the clutches and spun the tires.

I never once saw a fluid leak, a overheated engine or any other problem other then tire wear. And all this was in 100+ degree Las Vegas weather. Now thats Bulletproff.:usa:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those kids didnt do any harm in my opinion other then ruining some tires.

Tell the owners of the parking lots that...

I never understood burning up tires. It seems like a waste of money for no reason.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960