This weather is killin me

Mister XR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '96 has sat in the garage for a couple weeks now. It's fun and runs great, but between the black paint-job, the black un-vented leather seats, and the dismal AC system, half my body is wet with sweat by the time I get out. Putting the top on helps marginally, but if I'm moving at all, the AC doesn't touch me. Before, I didn't mind too much, but the recent Los Angeles heat wave really made me think about how often the heat precludes my enjoyment of the car. I know... "if you want a luxury vehicle, go out and buy a mercedes" is what some will say. I'd just like to know if there are any options to alleviate this. One thing that comes to mind is air-conditioned seats - my dad's XLR has them and they work great. Has anyone tried to do anything like this?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel your pain bro. Although we've had a mild summer here in Texas, while everyone else is 2 months away from putting the battery tender on, changing the antifreeze to winter storage mix etc, Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb are prime Viper weather here in Texas. The toaster oven becomes comfortable!

And no, I have no constructive comments on how to make your toaster oven pleasant in the 110 deg heat.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the AC unit SHOULD be keeping you nice and cool...my 94 is keeps me icey cold ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery