Thoughts on trading in 01 GTS Bumblebee for 06 BB Coupe

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This has to be the worst question ever. You are gonna even think about buying a car that will:

1 Put you at about 40-60k debt instead of the current 20.
2 Not be driven like the previous viper you have owned
3 While it's depreciating, your payingf interest and principal, and not getting any enjoyment whatsoever at 300 miles per year.
4 you ask about performance, who cares!!!!! you wont be driving it.
5 Looks may be your only concern because that will be all you do is look at it in the garage. I'm sure you can find much better things to look at for these large amounts of money.

I'm starting to think this guy just posted to start another GEN II vs GEN III battle because that has to be one of the worst threads ever.

I think the guy who started the thread has already made his trade for the '06. He may be too busy enjoying his new ride to update us. :cool:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearl metallic yellow for the win? :laugh:

LMAO. You're killing me. No, unfortunately. There is actually a guy on this site who has painted his car the color. Dean Loucks did the paint.

Its lime GREEN (or whatever fancy name Lamborghini calls it) :nana: :nana: :D

Oh God...Oh God nooooo....Not that color...Ill take the perl metalic yellow before neon pea soup green :p

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pearl metallic yellow for the win? :laugh:

LMAO. You're killing me. No, unfortunately. There is actually a guy on this site who has painted his car the color. Dean Loucks did the paint.

Its lime GREEN (or whatever fancy name Lamborghini calls it) :nana: :nana: :D

Oh God...Oh God nooooo....Not that color...Ill take the perl metalic yellow before neon pea soup green :p

Heaven forbid that they're gonna use that puke green color :eek:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they use that nasty green color you do realize that Bob Lutz prediction of what the Z06 would do the Viper would come true. :crazy: "The Z06 will turn the Viper into a GARTER SNAKE"... :eek: Its already faster than the Viper no need to reskin it to fit the part...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If they use that nasty green color you do realize that Bob Lutz prediction of what the Z06 would do the Viper would come true. :crazy: "The Z06 will turn the Viper into a GARTER SNAKE"... :eek: Its already faster than the Viper no need to reskin it to fit the part...

LOL. Well...I will be in line to get one...but that's my poor taste in colors. This will be a color offered. They will only produce cars that are actually SOLD next year...or ordered by Dealers. So you won't see many Lime Green sitting around showrooms I am sure. I think the whole point is to OFFER some unique colors on the Viper...and this is just one of the first offered. There will be others as the year moves along. I would expect the Pearl Orange later as well, although I don't have specific knowledge of that. We will see a new level of colors offered...and that is a positive for the '08 Viper.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOL. Well...I will be in line to get one...but that's my poor taste in colors. This will be a color offered. They will only produce cars that are actually SOLD next year...or ordered by Dealers. So you won't see many Lime Green sitting around showrooms I am sure. I think the whole point is to OFFER some unique colors on the Viper...and this is just one of the first offered. There will be others as the year moves along. I would expect the Pearl Orange later as well, although I don't have specific knowledge of that. We will see a new level of colors offered...and that is a positive for the '08 Viper.

Then you will have to change your screen name to Garter Snake585 :laugh: Maybe it will be a color that grows on me like the copperhead color. Would prefer a bump in power or reduction in weight or better gearing etc to a choice of colors for 08 though. Interesting move to only produce cars that are presold...

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Then you will have to change your screen name to Garter Snake585 :laugh: Maybe it will be a color that grows on me like the copperhead color. Would prefer a bump in power or reduction in weight or better gearing etc to a choice of colors for 08 though. Interesting move to only produce cars that are presold...

The bump in power will be there as well. Weight reduction...doesn't look like it right now.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bump in power will be there as well. Weight reduction...doesn't look like it right now.

Ah so it will be a king cobra in garter snake clothing :laugh: As for the weight I guess you will have to do it aftermarket style until the next gen hopefully...Lightweight 19' rims, Braille battery, lighter than stock exhaust, headers and cats should be well over 100lb's savings and should help best the Z06 nicely along with that bump in power..Cant wait to see the numbers on the 08's.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Gen I,II, and III. I can buy anyone I want, not to sound snobby, and I am on my second one now. Don't get me wrong, I am not loaded. I would get whatever I wanted, but I would not waste money to have the latest and greatest. When ever I buy anything, I am thinking what I can sell it for in case I need to or want to. Take your time. It sounds like you are in good shape with your GTS and it would be a shame to get in a financial mess to move into something you are questioning. My better half was pushing me to get a new 06 FE, but a 96 low mileage B/W one owner fell in my lap and I would like to keep it just because of what it is. I can always add something later.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow this little 01 bumblebee just flew into my garage on monday nite....one word ....SSSSAAAAWWWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I bought car from Mike Robbins at Ringgold....nice guy to deal with....Henry too....never even left the trailer from Utah to here.Love the color combo....got eibachs to go on next week....how low can ya go? :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude