Thoughts on trading in 01 GTS Bumblebee for 06 BB Coupe

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"56lespaul- Just curious, what year/color Viper do you have?
Got any pics?"

How about showing a picture of the "stock" front-end. I bet Sam is onto someone.
LOL, go figure, ****** from the NY/NJ area, new account, red SRT, constantly talks about how great he is.

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be a wild guess...but going to think most people drive their cars on a thing called the road..as opposed to a race track.

Could be wrong....

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep - the road. Unfortunately, its no way for a viper to be treated. If you love cars, take it to the track.
Best fun you can outside a bed.

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know...I did the skip barber thing and it was fun thrashing on someone else's car...but I really wouldn't want to subject my road car to that kind of abuse...now if it was simply a track car thats a different story

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that you comment on every topic (55 posts in ONE DAY) and yet seem to ignore others. Apparently you have been outed yet again.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
56LesPaul - skip barber is just the start.
Agreed, if you drive the car to its potential you will wear some specific parts out faster, but if tires are considered, 2 year OEM tires are far less performing tan new tires - I just get a new set each year- which aint bad.

Your car will wear out wether you drive it or not. If you keep your cars longer than the average joe, yep, you will have to do work on it.
But, once you get hooked driving your own car like a sportscar, you will truly appreciate how good an SRT is and bloody the Gen II's are, once you get the hang of it.

I have to street cars that I take to track to keep them exercised. Gotta exercise the beast. Plus driving your street car at the track is what viper meant by R/T!

Anyways, if you are worried about it you can't enjoy it.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here you go........
3668LIGHTS.JPG

OOO Zens got some compatition :D

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper585 - No bumble bee for 08??? I was counting on it! Where did you get that info and do you know what will be offered?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper585 - No bumble bee for 08??? I was counting on it! Where did you get that info and do you know what will be offered?

There will be no Yellow in '08. There are 6 planned colors...and the ONLY one that is a current color is the Viper Blue. Before you say "No Red"...there will be a Red...but much different than Viper Red. From a more than reliable source.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"56lespaul- Just curious, what year/color Viper do you have?
Got any pics?"

How about showing a picture of the "stock" front-end. I bet Sam is onto someone.
LOL, go figure, ****** from the NY/NJ area, new account, red SRT, constantly talks about how great he is.

Yeah, Guitarboy is a Keyboard hero.

Snk Btn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I traded my 02 red RT/10 for the 06 BumbleBee coupe. While I did get a lot of looks when I owned the RT/10, I get a lot more looks and compliments with the 06.

I like the interior of the 06 better than the 02. In addition, the AC vents are in a better location (I live in Florida and need the AC year round, due to the heat and the humidity), not that it is the only reason I like the interior.

I thought the trade value of the 02 was pretty good considering I paid $60k in 8/03 and received $47k on the trade in 5/06 while paying just over invoice on the 06.

The biggest issue I see is that you aren't driving the car since you only have 1,700 miles on it. These cars aren't made for the garage. Get the new car and put some mileage on it. In fact, watch to see when a Viper Days event comes to your area and take it out to see what your car is all about.

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you need to drive your viper on the track to realize how good it is...maybe this is true for finding out its limits in a safer way...but I think part of which makes the SRT great is its useability on the street. It really is an easy car to drive. For instance been in an enzo...its amazing but a nightmare on the street in terms of blind-spots....even the owner is nervous every time he takes it out. To me that is not much fun.

And to quote Enrique...I can be your hero baby

OP
OP
ASPIRATIONS

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone with their replies,even 56LesPaul lol...I would like to make a few things clear.

1) I bought the car last May and have not had it for 5yrs.

2)Yes,Iam an idiot for not putting more miles on it but I have been busy with house issues,still not a good excuse...

3)My decision to maybe buy the 06 is based on the fact that I will own it for a LOONG time as I have been through too many cars and wanted to end the madness with a new one.

4)I will not be able to afford an 08 and I have to have a Bumblebee..

5)I do love the GTS style and power wise but figured if I could strike a good deal now is the time as they didnt make too many 06 Bumblebees.

And last of all if I cant make a deal I still, like some stated, have a beautiful GTS so life is GOOD...
Thanks Again everyone for your input :2tu: Kevin :nana: :nana: :nana:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I traded my 02 red RT/10 for the 06 BumbleBee coupe. While I did get a lot of looks when I owned the RT/10, I get a lot more looks and compliments with the 06.
I thought the trade value of the 02 was pretty good considering I paid $60k in 8/03 and received $47k on the trade in 5/06 while paying just over invoice on the 06.

Seems like you did more than good on the trade considering you moved up 4 model years. Great ride. :2tu:

Snk Btn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I got a great deal on the trade considering I drove a Viper for 2 1/2 years for $13,000 net. I know the dealers can play with the numbers but considering that I paid just over invoice on the 06 I didn't see where they were inflating the trade.

I lost $18,000 in value on my Hummer after only 2 years when I traded it in this year. The Vipers seem to hold their value better than most vehicles from what I've seen on the internet.

W. SKAF

Viper Owner
Reaction score
old is old, just like a home an old woman no matter how much upgrade you put into the old house it's still an old house and no matter how much makeup you put on an old woman she is still old

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could have bought either Gen. I chose a GTS.

GTS = The Hot girl in College that you spent every penny on because you were "blinded with lust"

SRT = The one you married later that has a job and nice parents.

I still dream about the "good times" from college!

KEEP LIVIN' THE DREAM!!!

Never heard that one before. That is a pretty funny way to look at it.

56LesPaul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I just post useless ass kissing remarks to gain friends...who am i

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
585, what are those '08 colors, please....?

I have been told by my good friend to ****. I will say though that there will be no Yellow, Black, Viper Red, Satin Orange. There will be a Red...but much different than Viper Red. Look for a Lambo color as one of the first offerings early on. There will be a Viper Blue...the only carryover.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will say though that there will be no Yellow, Black, Viper Red, Satin Orange.

Aww man those were my favourite colors along with silver :( My guess on the Lambo color :) :

You must be registered for see images attach

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I will say though that there will be no Yellow, Black, Viper Red, Satin Orange.

Aww man those were my favourite colors along with silver :( My guess on the Lambo color :) :

You must be registered for see images attach

Man..I love the Pearl Orange. You had a 50/50 chance...and you were wrong.lol. Try the "other" one. The first 3 out are going to be Lambo_______, Metallic Red, Viper Blue.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pearl metallic yellow for the win? :laugh:

LMAO. You're killing me. No, unfortunately. There is actually a guy on this site who has painted his car the color. Dean Loucks did the paint.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has to be the worst question ever. You are gonna even think about buying a car that will:

1 Put you at about 40-60k debt instead of the current 20.
2 Not be driven like the previous viper you have owned
3 While it's depreciating, your payingf interest and principal, and not getting any enjoyment whatsoever at 300 miles per year.
4 you ask about performance, who cares!!!!! you wont be driving it.
5 Looks may be your only concern because that will be all you do is look at it in the garage. I'm sure you can find much better things to look at for these large amounts of money.

I'm starting to think this guy just posted to start another GEN II vs GEN III battle because that has to be one of the worst threads ever.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to think this guy just posted to start another GEN II vs GEN III battle because that has to be one of the worst threads ever.

What guy are you referring to ? If you are talking about the person that started this thread, he is very serious. I will let him post up about the final outcome ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude