time for a change

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after having 3 Vipers in the last 8 years, i decided it was time for a change. i am no longer a Viper owner, and will miss the car, and the club, but i am excited about my new adventure, and toy, an Aston Martin. Totally different car, but a great deal of fun , in many new ways, and an absolute pleasure to drive. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, and who knows, i may be back in the Viper world down the road.
i have only had it a few days, but one thing is the same as the Viper.....lots of stares!
i've enjoyed this forum, and the local club, and will still visit this site periodically. Thanks to those that have helped me over the years.

Steve

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely the best looking car available. Simply gorgeous.

Exactly the move I'm going to make when I get just a bit too old and feeble to handle my Viper.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup, I agree. Local guy crashed his 2nd stock Viper and told me that he's buying a Porsche because his OLD reactions can't keep up with a Viper. He knows that it's slower, but ... he's a whooping 62! OMG!

Will I be allowed to drive my 900bhp Vipers 7 years from now when I get 'old'?

OP
OP
V

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i don't know if its an "old" thing, but i will say the AM is a much more "driveable' car in the city, and around town, to me.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck with your car venture. Im a huge AM fan and always have been. The AM's are gorgeous cars, but a little under-powered, IMO. I still think you'll really enjoy the car, as you've stated you already are. What model did you go with? Im guessing either a V8 Vantage or DB9?

OP
OP
V

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you are correct, sir. V8 Vantage. Perhaps underpowered somewhat, but feels very quick, and plenty of pep, from what i can tell.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you are correct, sir. V8 Vantage. Perhaps underpowered somewhat, but feels very quick, and plenty of pep, from what i can tell.

You're right, they do have some pep to them for sure. I was able to drive one a month or so ago and I really enjoyed it. The build quality is good as well. Thankfully, they're no longer owned by Ford. Ford is making some decent cars these days, but I always thought AM should be an independent company; or at least get away from Ford.

The new V12 Vantage will be out soon. That should be FUN!:drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking..WHY THE DOWNGRADE????

Thanks...signed, Blinded Viper owner

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, dont forget to pull fuse# 22. Or keep fuse# 22 in and disconnect the vacuum tubes running to the switch valve. The car will sound amazing!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratultions. 1st Viper? Join the club and save hundreds of dollars on your Viper Owner's Invitational 11 tickets! You also get a direct forum to speak to the SRT engineers, Herb Helbig, JonB, Chuck Tator and many other Viper experts and designers. Participate in VCA events and really enjoy the greatest car club in the world.

Ted

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You can supercharge them and really make them fast. It really is a day and night driving experience. A few years ago I directed a promo for the first company to make a kit for the vantage.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFc0GwOR2wE[/media]

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid Mak! You do elegant quality work! Like the speed limit sign.

Still nearly 100 HP less than a GEN 4. But I seriously think that the AM is the most refined looking sportscar made. Absolutely perfect lines. James Bond to a T. :2tu:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice vid Mak! You do elegant quality work! Like the speed limit sign.

Still nearly 100 HP less than a GEN 4. But I seriously think that the AM is the most refined looking sportscar made. Absolutely perfect lines. James Bond to a T. :2tu:

Thanks, I appreciate it. They are able to get 600+ hp from them now, depending on how far you want to push it. When I directed it, I had a supercharged vantage, DB7, and a DBS over at my place over the course of about a week. Now a bad perk.

If you guys liked that, I have a feeling you may like the last spot I directed. No cars, but a few more girls :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqs2LvbGQ4[/media]

BossGT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also here in ATL, GA. This is actually my second viper, last one was a 05 Copperhead, number 15 i think.

Reaction score
after having 3 Vipers in the last 8 years, i decided it was time for a change. i am no longer a Viper owner, and will miss the car, and the club, but i am excited about my new adventure, and toy, an Aston Martin. Totally different car, but a great deal of fun , in many new ways, and an absolute pleasure to drive. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this, and who knows, i may be back in the Viper world down the road.
i have only had it a few days, but one thing is the same as the Viper.....lots of stares!
i've enjoyed this forum, and the local club, and will still visit this site periodically. Thanks to those that have helped me over the years.

Steve

You made a nice transitional move, enjoy it, stay safe, and welcome back when the time comes back around.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4