time to STOP messing around

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, its my turn to show off my new big brake kit. A humongous thank you is owed to Jon aka 2002 viper gts acr who not only offered to allow me to use his lift to install my penske shocks a couple of weeks and to install my brakes yesterday, but also did most of the work. Having never really wrenched on my own cars much, I never would have taken on such an install, but Jon knew everything needed to get the job done. :hail: I must admit, including the stainless brake lines, it was a big project, although the results surely made it worthwhile. :2tu:
Here's a couple quick pics, I'll post some additional later showing the car itself.
P3300033.JPG

P3300032.JPG

P3300035.JPG

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only time I've had to drive it was on the way home at 2:30 in the morning, when we finished. I was so tired at that time I just wanted to get home. Since then it has been raining.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ... You think Jon could help me put some gen 3 brakes on my car?...

Oh yeah.. wait.. my 06 Comes with them... oh.. and I am that Jon...

You're welcome.. I must say, I do kick ass work.

Jon

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to show a couple more pics with the wheels. Car is lowered now 3/4" on my penske shocks.
IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

IMG_2551.JPG

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that looks GREAT. Vipers look amazing lowered, I just don't want to deal with the scraping.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Robert,

I Do like RaceYellow:usa: I wonder why:lmao: Looks good, your pictures are up on my site under customer cars.

Big Brake Dave:drive:

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, I think the bigger brakes are one of the smartest mods to be done.

Ted

vucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WASTNTIM, nice car, yellow is awesome. What make is ur hard top? Does it have braces to hold it in place? Is that a mopar rear spoiler? Stock wheels for your year car? What i'm trying to say is it's perfect. One of the nicest i've seen.

vucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the top and wheels are stock gen II???

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WASTNTIM, nice car, yellow is awesome. What make is ur hard top? Does it have braces to hold it in place? Is that a mopar rear spoiler? Stock wheels for your year car? What i'm trying to say is it's perfect. One of the nicest i've seen.

Thanks much. It's a project that is definitely coming along. Wheels are stock gen II. Top is a three piece by Jeff Lemke that fits in the trunk. It's a very nice design that gives the car cleaner lines and still gives the expanded versatility. The rear spoiler is by Autoform. I like it more than the mopar as I feel it is closer to the GTS.

vucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know if that top will fit a gen I??? or if Jeff Lemke makes a similar top for the gen I cars?

vucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great..thx a lot.....Looks very sleek w/a 3 piece design that fits in the trunk...how could u go wrong w/this one??