Tire Balancing Question

LQQK_OUT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently picked up a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport tires for the front of my '97 GTS through TireRack. Based on information I've read in this forum previously, I took my tires to a shop and had them balanced on a Hunter GSP9700. When I went to install the tires on the car, I noticed that the mechanic placed the balancing weights on the inside of the rim. Looking at my rear tire, it looks like the wheel balance weights are glued onto the inside dish of the rim. Should I be concerned about this? Is placing the weights in one place better then the other? My guess is the mechanic probably didn't have any of the glue on weights.

Thanks,

brett

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it runs out allright I wouldn't worry about it,, and you're right, the mech. probably didn't have any stick-ons!!!!!
If it shakes at speed, bring it back & tell him to rebalance & use the stick-ons in the center like the rears.
good luck, Mitch

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took mine to Discount tire.

One of the tires wasn't balanced right.

I brought it back. I don't like to bring the whole car, even though they look kind of sad when I only bring a wheel.

After that the wheel seemed perfect.

About 2 weeks later my 16 year old had a party. One of the 16 year olds came up to me and said he was the one who balanced the wheel the second time and that the first guy had really blown it.

Sometimes motivation is better than experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang