tire dressing

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after a nice cleaning and maybe a wax ill drive my car and i dont even have to go far. when i get out all behind all 4 wheels fine black i would call it dust.. is it my tire dressing ? is there something better i should use?? i use black magic tire wet.. has nice adjustable spray for low profile.. anyone else have this problem ??

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the same stuff on my truck. Usually let it set for about an hour and it "sticks". Kinda eliminates the run-off problem

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here....The longer you let it sit, the more it stays...you can also "brush" it on literally with a paint brush...to avoid excess without taking away from the shine.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just brake dust, perfectly normal.

I think we might be talking about 2 different things....there is a definite difference between brake dust and black magic residue.....you can see little droplets on the rims and also on the fender behind the wheels after the first drive post tire dressing...this is just the more noticible residue....the amount of "black stuff" is much more than just normal brake dust.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it is different. I have been using Zaino dressing for a while now, it seems to stay on the tire.

I definitely get brake dust on the wheels on a run around the block though.

Why do I have a feeling there will be a link to this thread from the "other" site? :p

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same thing happend to me, I used to spray on the tire dressing, and now I apply the tire dressing with a sponge and the black residue went away.

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, applying it with a sponge does seem to work. If you overspray the tires at all, it gives it a "pissed on by dog" look :) not what you want IMO

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use turtle wax tire wax. It comes with a sponge and the longer u leave it on the shinier your tires will look. Usually 5 min, then wipe any extra off and bingo shiny with nothing coming off

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960