Tire repair in N. Tampa, FL area

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once again for the second time now in 4 months of viper ownership I have picked up a screw one of the back tires! Florida doesn't believe in street sweepers and every intersection has a pickup load of debris and crap to run over.

The first time this happened was the 2nd day I owned my viper and I was so anxious I took it right down to the tire kingdom and had them fix it, but they viper taxed me to the max. Guy said ya know this is a high performance tire and saw the viper and decided to fix it for a little over 50 bucks.

This time I am in no hurry, I have pulled the tire off myself so as to not advertise the car when I bring it in for a tire plug. Anyone know of a local tire repair that won't rip me off too bad, at least not 50 dollars this time??

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They plugged it for $50? That is robbery. Are you sure it wasn't a patch?

Try www.c2cwheels.com on Dale Mabry. It's a little hole-in-the-wall shop. They do my tire maintenance and I have their decal on #34.

If you want you can drop the wheel off at my house and I'll get it done for free if all it needs is a plug.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck, That sounds like a great deal. I may try to get the wheel down too you later in the week, if I can't find something reasonable here in Port Richey. I yahooed the directions to your place. Looks like 40 minutes from here. I appreciate the quick response.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes,
Finding someone to work on tires/alignment is a chore.
Ohh, if I knew the rims were this wide, it would have been a surcharge.

Am I missing something? What difference is rim width? I always thought that the small tractor/trailer tires are a harder install due to small diameter and less "give" to stretch tire around rim.

Sorry for rant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang