tire warrenty

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 01 GTS with 2000 miles, I'm losing about 10 lbs of preasure once a week in the rear tire. I don't think its a nail or problem of that nature. Would you take it to a Dodge dealer or Michelin dealer?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend finding a Tire Dealer local to you that can service that SIZE of tire...most Dodge dealerships cannot...and I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but I would bet you picked up a nail...10 lbs a week's got nail written all over it...You need to find a local tire dealer that you like anyway, because this will not be an isolated incident...if there is a nail out there, the 335's will find it!

racetech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that it has the "fingerprint" of a puncturing object, but...get yourself a spray bottle with a mixture of dishwashing liquid & water. Spray the entire tire & wheel and you'll find the leak. There are only four places from which it could be leaking:

1. Around a puncturing object (hope that it's in the tread, not the sidewall--a sidewall puncture means you have to buy a new tire)

2. Between the tire bead and rim (this can be reseated or sealed by the tire dealer if the bead is not ripped)

3. Around the valve stem or valve core (cheap repair)

4. Through a pourous aluminum wheel (can be sealed, but should be covered under warranty)

Hope that helps!

PS: I just pulled a screw out of the tread of my LF...thankfully, it wasn't deep enough to aspirate the tire. These pavement-roller tires do seem to find everything!

OP
OP
B

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys it in fact was a nail in between the treads. The next step is to find a tire place that can handle these wheels.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bird:

If you have difficulty finding a repair shop, call Chuck Tator. He must be an hours drive from you in South Salem, NY, but you will get it done RIGHT! 914 763-3136

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine