Today, a day of" firsts"

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says, today was a day of many firsts for me.
1. I hit my first 20,000 miles of driving in my Viper and I have yet to receive a ticket. The car now has 35K of fun filled miles on the Odometer.
2. I saw my first Ford GT on the road. It was a 2004 Tungsten and Silver stripes with a Texas plate "ENDEND". I got to drive along with him for several miles...it is the only car that has more appeal to me than the Viper.
3. I got caught in the rain on the way home from work. Wasn't supposed to rain until tomorrow. I have never driven the Viper in the rain. The PS2's performed far better than expected.
4. Finally, I used my windshield wipers

All in all, it was very interesting day!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Ford GT is my 2nd place car, after 2, 3 & 4 gens of Vipers.

The GT has less than even the Viper roadster, and NO glovebox. For me (with wife) that would mean that I'd be driving a Ford Escape everytime I went anywhere (Escapes ****). Or I'd be towing the Ford GT on a trailer. Another option would be to tow a trailer behind the GT for suitcases, shopping etc.

There's actually 12 cubic feet of storage in a GTS which is perfect. The wife adjsuted to 'soft' luggage quickly so even a two week trip like Detroit we had enough room to bring back out new Viper suitcase, our Viper chairs and a little bit of shopping. Ford GT would barely cary 2 suitcases (and no shoe bags) if it had a custom built cargo rack on the engine hatch?

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got caught in the rain on the way home from work. Wasn't supposed to rain until tomorrow. I have never driven the Viper in the rain. The PS2's performed far better than expected.

PS-2 in the rain is a phenominal tire. "Clean-Wet" highway speeds are no problem at all, even up to 80-90 and zero issues.

Exception: as with any long-dry-spell followed by rain, BE CAREFUL !!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After buying my PS2s from Jonb I drove home and was caught in a thuderstorm going through Seattle. I could barely see the car in front of me and yet the car was stable at 80mph. I was surprised, they work awsome if they have enough tread.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm at 32,000mi with only 1illegally given ticket in my Vipers.

Illegally given ticket doesn't count.

Ted

OP
OP
R

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know that means that next time you take out the Viper you are gonna be screwed by the 5-0...right? :rolaugh:

Hope you didn't jinx yourself!

Me TOO! I have been fortunate because I can't say I haven't deserved tickets. I have had several close calls. I don't have a radar detector so I depend on my eyes and knowing some of the tactics used by the local officers helps as well.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ted,
Great write-up in the lastest issue of the Viper Mag!

Thank you. It was one of my first instalments of "Get a ticket safely" series, haha. Glad you enjoyed it. I had a great time 'gathering the info' for the article.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Me TOO! I have been fortunate because I can't say I haven't deserved tickets. I have had several close calls. I don't have a radar detector so I depend on my eyes and knowing some of the tactics used by the local officers helps as well.

I know all of our local constabulary and am on good terms with them. I bought and installed an SRX radar detector into my car with Laser 'scramblers'. That is probably helpful.

Ted

V

Venomiss

20,000 with many more fun filled miles to cruise.

Nice to see you enjoy your Viper.