Tommy A. 4th, Sonny W. 14th. Bob W.16th

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy Archer holds off one of the Caddie's to finish 4th. Big news, Sonny in his first race finished 14th. Congrats Sonny! Jim McCann beats his brother Mike, Bob Woodhouse and Mike McCann must have spun to lose several positions.
I'm sure we will get the report by tomorrow.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! It was very exciting to join other Viperdays alumni and race in the Speed World Challenge Series. The rain held off during the race and I was able to see first hand how good these drivers are - a whole new world! Watch the race on the Speed Channel - Sunday, June 6th at 1 PM.

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that your car that ended up without a rear bumper? I need to look at my pics, cause I couldn't stop snapping shots of your car! Sweeeet! :)
It was a great race!

G

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've been wanting to lighten up the rear quarter for some time now - I just helped the process a little bit! It should look exciting on TV. I finished the race without losing any spots, so all was not lost. We had a blast!

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your race Sonny! Very impressive to finish ahead of so many CC's. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on the race and the series.

Rich

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny,
There was like some sort of string or hose dragging behind the car... I didn't have the heart to take a pic of the damage out of respect for Serpent kind..
Great job keeping the pace up! Glad to see a GTS representing among comp coupes...

Greg

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! Rich - I'll have more comments shortly, but I can sum it up by saying that it is a very professional and competitive series - I could learn a LOT here.

Don't count the Compe Coupes out based on my results - I had several advantages; Home track, 2hrs in a BUSCH race before qualifying, wet practice for everyone else on Friday, and lack of track experience by most of the CC drivers. They all did very well considering. Limerock is more of a handling track than a HP track so Mid-Ohio should be a bit more to their liking.

The "tail" I was draging at the end of the race was a rubber gasket from the back of the car. I wasn't aware of it while I was finishing the race, but in spite of my guard rail incident the car was still running well just the same - my bad...

It was however, very satisfying to represent all of us who have supported DC by owning GTS's for as many as 8 years by campaigning the car in this great race. But the Comp Coupe is an incredibly brave statement by DC and their efforts are only going to continue to be appreciated as the results come in.

Check out the race on TV!