Tonneau Cover

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a tonneau cover for a Gen I viper (red) for a gift. Dodge has no part number for them. I've called and dropped by the local Viper dealer
trying to find one and I've called Fitzgerald Motorsports (Dodge Dealer) in New Hampshire, They can't find any info either.

Does anyone here have a tonneau that they may be willing to part with at a reasonable price?

I'm located near Jacksonville, Florida.

Trying to get this for my Dads Birthday. Since he blames me :D for making him get this car, the least I can do is get him the occassional goodie for it. But, I do get to drive it once in a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grown-up Viper Owner son
No Viper yet,
closest attempt: 2001 Suzuki GSX/R 1000.
430 lbs curb wt. 150 rwhp Titanium Header and exhaust

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
You are indeed talking TONNEAU cover, the cover that covers the passenger side while driving, and the drivers side when zipped closed and parked. Snaps to the dash and behind the seats, and inserts into the side window slots on the doors. It is black vinyl. Used maybe a couple of times by the owner before the car was totalled in 1999. You are not talking about the COCKPIT cover that covers over the windshield and the rear sports bar. I have a TONNEAU cover from a 1995 (Gen1) that I will try to determine a fair value(for both of us). Others might help on the value.
Email me,
Later,

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that is what I'm searching for, a tonneau cover not the cockpit cover.
Thanks, will attempt to get an e-mail out later today.

My e-mail: [email protected]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grown-up Viper Owner son
No Viper yet,
closest attempt: 2001 Suzuki GSX/R 1000.
430 lbs curb wt. 150 rwhp Titanium Header and exhaust

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe this is what you are looking for Ryan:

198Tonneau.jpg

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AndyR that is exactly what I have been searching for. I have been unable to find any info on them through Dodge.
I've been trying to find one for about a year now.
Is there a tag with a part number on it? Any idea on the value of one?

I was starting to think that they were harder to find than a turtle with fur.

thanks much,

Ryan

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
I just unfolded the one I have and there is no tag or anything indicating a part number - strange.
As far as I can tell, they were standard equipment on older Vipers, don't know through what year, and are optional equipment on newer RT/10's. Listed as optional equipment, the retail value I have seen on a few web sites is $250.00 -- WE CAN DO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!
Email me.
Later,

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,

I have a brand new one, still in the original mopar bag with part numbers. However they don't make this puppy anymore from what I understand. I might be willing to part with it but not at those flea market prices..LOL

Adam

OP
OP
R

Ryan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the one from RuckDr (Don) listed above. Delivery was made promptly, tracking number from UPS sent w/o my asking for it. Condition was as he described. But, much nicer than I had hoped for. AS for it being used, Evidently
for Don that means not in Plastic as delivered by Dodge.
It is absolutely flawless. I couldn't be happier. If I ever need anything else, and he has one I'll get it from him.
Awesome service.
I've already sent him an e-mail with similar comment, with the note that I'd post my comments.
Anyone interested in getting things from RuckDr (Don) in the future, I have to say that I couldn't be more happy with what I've ordered from him.

Thanks again Don.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine