Took a spirited ride in the '06 Coupe today

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took a spirited ride in the \'06 Coupe today

I have 600 miles and an oil/filter change on the new coupe and a dyno day coming up so I decided to work it out a bit so the computer will know how I want it to perform on the dyno. My son took the '96 GTS and we chased each other around the back roads for 45 minutes. I must say, the new coupe is very responsive and a blast to drive. The tires break loose very easily and it was chilly out so I had to watch my p's and q's. We attracted quite a bit of attention with the 2 blue & whites and it was a blast.

I have ordered the Mopar race exhaust and the REC (race engine controller) to be installed next Monday and will repeat the dyno in 2 weeks. A friend has this on his '03 silver SRT/10 and let me listen to it the other day. It sounds very "manly".

For those of you who have new coupes, does your stock exhaust pop and gurgle a lot on deceleration? Mine goes crazy in all gears. I can only imagine what it will be like with the race exhaust.

Bob K

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Took a spirited ride in the \'06 Coupe today

my 06 coupe does it also, I kinda like it.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For those of you who have new coupes, does your stock exhaust pop and gurgle a lot on deceleration? Mine goes crazy in all gears. I can only imagine what it will be like with the race exhaust.

Bob K
It does,indeed,and a very nice sound it is!

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't have a coupe, but my SRT-10 with the corsa exhaust pops and gurgles. I love the sound from a nice downshift.

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My '06 coupe with stock exhaust pops and burbles on deceleration. It sounds fantastic. I find myself letting on and off the gas just to hear it!

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Sounds great! I have a question for you. How loud is it in the car when going down the interstate? I like my car to sound good driving around town but I like it a little quiter on the interstate.

You would love it then. It sets off car alarms around town, but at cruising speed it is almost not noticeable.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Bob K,

That is some good stuff, father and son off driving the Vipers, awesome memories being made,my son gets so excited when I pull both cars out and throw him the keys to the 97 and say, lets go....

Did mom take any pics???

Rick

JimmyCrackcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have 600 miles and an oil/filter change on the new coupe and a dyno day coming up so I decided to work it out a bit so the computer will know how I want it to perform on the dyno. My son took the '96 GTS and we chased each other around the back roads for 45 minutes. I must say, the new coupe is very responsive and a blast to drive. The tires break loose very easily and it was chilly out so I had to watch my p's and q's. We attracted quite a bit of attention with the 2 blue & whites and it was a blast.

I have ordered the Mopar race exhaust and the REC (race engine controller) to be installed next Monday and will repeat the dyno in 2 weeks. A friend has this on his '03 silver SRT/10 and let me listen to it the other day. It sounds very "manly".

Bob K

Yes it pops and stuff, I changed the exhaust and the headers, and the sound is 100 times better. Its so good I have to roll the windows down so I can hear it better. Though if you change the exhaust expect the cabin noise to get much louder, especially at 3000-4000 RMPs , there is a hollow drone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad