Top Gear (UK) is testing the new Viper

garetjax1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the dealer was thinking about the aeor package? But I thought you could order that now.

that is what i thought at first, too, especially after the SEMA pics came out but i specifically asked, and he said no, he was talking about the true ACR model.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is what i thought at first, too, especially after the SEMA pics came out but i specifically asked, and he said no, he was talking about the true ACR model.

I assure you SRT will make the ACR unveiling an event, not "Hey, call your dealer in February."

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that I love Top Gear, (UK that is, the US version is embarrassingly bad, please stop making these), and I hate it, lol, it's compelling when I watch it. THe Viper review from Clarkson where he called it an Axe Murderer, I thought was spot on, thank you Sir. If he calls it an Axe Murderer that has upgraded to a suit and a shotgun, then that sounds good to me too. Exactly why I buy Vipers. No matter their summeries, one thing they can't hide, is the smile & expletives they toss out while driving our US sports cars, Tokyo drift style, etc. And that is what makes the car so great, that reaction and feeling right there, and I believe of late, they are starting to make more note of that. We'll see.

These are produciton cars? Or are we going to hear a bunch of excuses and forgive us stuff about pre-production models?

BTW, what the hec on the 12+ second LFA time, was it raining? lol

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Best read in ages, well done old boy, I had a jolly good chuckle reading that while drinking my cup of tea :rolaugh:

:uk:

Is your real name Jeremy Clarkson? :D

Glad you enjoyed it! Did you like how that imaginary "single bolt" was lauded for it's sheer brillance?

I noticed that on TG, where if there is anything British about a product, they are sure to herald it's presence with lavish praise! And why not? Toot your horn, if you got one, I always say.

Jeremy seemed fond of mentioning that the Golden Gate Bridge, (built in 1937), is shorter than the UKs Humber Bridge, (built in 1981)
Well, hooray, Clarkson, your 1981 bridge-penis is longer than our 1937 bridge-penis! :)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
::rolaugh: Well you know how us Brits like to dot the I's and cross the T's

As for Clarkson, he does like to Big up the Brits moments of glory, I do love the don't mention the war tactics when they get the Germans involved in the programs, but then even 'Monty' went a 'Bridge too Far' ;)

That's the best thing about Clarkson, totally politically incorrect :D

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
::rolaugh: Well you know how us Brits like to dot the I's and cross the T's

As for Clarkson, he does like to Big up the Brits moments of glory, I do love the don't mention the war tactics when they get the Germans involved in the programs, but then even 'Monty' went a 'Bridge too Far' ;)

That's the best thing about Clarkson, totally politically incorrect :D

Hey the Brits were tough as nails during the 2nd world war and will always be a friend regardless. Blood is thicker than water. That goes for the Canadians as well.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey the Brits were tough as nails during the 2nd world war and will always be a friend regardless. Blood is thicker than water. That goes for the Canadians as well.

absolutely. I see their comments as just good fun. we give them **** about their terrible teeth and food, but we love em. they take as well as they give.

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The very end of the Top Gear article says that the 0-60 time will be 3 seconds (est). So they expect it to be very fast. A mid 10 second 1/4 should be attainable for most owners.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Beth Paretta's twitter feed:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or do those stripes look oddly "off" on that GTS hood?
Dunno....too wide maybe...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no numbers leaked out yet? Maybe next week one of the mags numbers will leak.

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From Beth Paretta's twitter feed:

Dang that's so ****. Look at those body curves... The front pops out very nicely. I'd def enjoy getting in it and ride that beauty :cool:

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SRT team is in Northern California on a multiple city leg press tour. They held a VCA tech session and joined us for our holiday dinner last night. Ralph, Don, Steve and many other SRT team members showed up.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The SRT team is in Northern California on a multiple city leg press tour. They held a VCA tech session and joined us for our holiday dinner last night. Ralph, Don, Steve and many other SRT team members showed up.

Any mention of heading to Laguna Seca? No rain today,nice and sunny..

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they have any plans to head to Laguna Seca. The media event was at Sears Point. They are packing up and leaving Monday I believe.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or do those stripes look oddly "off" on that GTS hood?
Dunno....too wide maybe...

Actually Jon, good point.
I think the gts hood should not be striped. It's too **** and curvy and the stripes are a distraction. There's alot going on with that shape.
Looking back, I think all the great pics of the gts hood are on solid cars no matter what color. - jmho
Mike

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the "right" stripes for the GTS hood will be broad swoops originating from the forward vents... as in the current ALMS car.

If there's an ACR in the future, I could see color schemes utilizing matching GTS-R stripes and roof paint. Hope we get to see that!

Rich

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Jon, good point.
I think the gts hood should not be striped. It's too **** and curvy and the stripes are a distraction. There's alot going on with that shape.
Looking back, I think all the great pics of the gts hood are on solid cars no matter what color. - jmho
Mike

Totally agree with your reasoning...nice on the older Vipers, but kinda yesterday on the new one imo.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me, the "right" stripes for the GTS hood will be broad swoops originating from the forward vents... as in the current ALMS car.

Exactly what I'll be doing on mine!! Made up my mind, when I saw the GTS-R two tone with red accents at the NYC show.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back and forth on the stripes. The GTS stripes look pretty good from this angle.

Last edited:

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they'll be taking 1 car each? Quite impressed a Viper is able to be on the same class as an LFA (although it is faster around the track :) )
And I guess you'd be impressed that a gen 4 also beat the LFA at the ring? So does that make the gen 4 as impressive as a LFA in your book ? Sorry for the snit remark, but I think 90% of impression points is the performance! Everything else is an appetizer!

Last edited:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I guess you'd be impressed that a gen 4 also beat the LFA at the ring? So does that make the gen 4 as impressive as a LFA in your book ? Sorry for the snit remark, but I think 90% of impression points is the performance! Everything else is an appetizer!

I interpret "nighthawk's" response different than you. It can be confusing when he states that "it" is faster than around the ring. When such an ambiguous comment is written, it most frequently references the subject of the sentence. Thus, the Viper is faster than the LFA around the track. The ":)" further servers as attestation.

Edit: Now it looks like I am the one with the snit remark. Either way, we all know that the Gen IV ACR can out corner virtually every non go-kart production car.