Top speed question

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have talked to some viper guys that do the silver state classic, gamblers run, ETC. These are all high speed runs that can average over 200mph. They have all told me that you need a rear differential cooler if you are going to do these high speed runs, especially Gumball 3000 or the like. I am just guessing. Anyway, I took my stock 97 GTS to 180 without a problem and the guys that I have talked to, the ones doing these high speed legal runs, said that a stock viper can go 190mph. I saw on motortrend a stock viper do 192mph in one of their tests.

Back to your question, I would guess that you could get pretty close to 200mph with the mods listed above. I don't think you can break 200 but maybe 197 or 198. It's hard to keep up with those high end cars that are super aero dynamic.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how much horsepower you need to utilize 6th gear in these terminal velocity tests?

PS-you lose alot of MPH if you dont tape up the front end, and ACRs with the foglight deletes not covered will lose 6mph on the top.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UtahViper:
Have you run in Speedweek at Bonneville? I amy take my GTS out there this August or Sept.

If I drop a roll-bar in, I hope they let me try for the 200MPH club.

We'll see....Mods so far

Borla exhaust system
High Flow Cats
Smooth Tubes
K&N
Aluminum flywheel
Roe Front fascia duct kit
Brake upgrade
Roe Clutch linkage
More to come...

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read on some of the posts, that a rear wing will help with down force but will definetly slow you down. When I talked with Roe about the Front Fascia Cooling Duct they make, they claim not only does it cool your temps (it doess!) it will increase top speeds....