Totaled Viper 2 days after buying it...

Goatman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad you are ok but I still for the life of me cant figure out why anyone would post this. I just dont understand it. The fact that someone buys a Viper with out even popping the hood? Check the fluids? Tire pressure? Some people clearly do not respect these cars.

Reaction score
+1 on the comments about how people tie down a Viper in or on a trailer. I have seen many times owners or "haulers" wrap around the rear wheels, and then some have even crossed the rear straps and crank them down. Just as in that video it could potentially start something that will eventually get worse, who knows what some of these broken knuckles have gone through at some point in their lives. Sorry about the OP's accident and glad you were not hurt.

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't that wheel have bucked under after he hit that huge ass ditch on the left at that velocity spinning, that would snap if he hits anything like the wall of that ditch and the whole weight of the car is on that wheel when it goes into the ditch cause of how uneven it is you can see it in this photo.
You must be registered for see images

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a little confused by the seeming inconsistency between the OP's initial narrative and the photo. Was the car moved before the photo was taken? Where is the tree that was hit?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never mind. Here is the tree. From the angle of the hill and the debris field, the right rear wheel was probably severely impacted either before hitting the tree, during the collision with the tree or immediately afterward when the car settled down. Did you fly through the air and hit the tree? How did you go off the road without impacting the slope before you hit the tree? There is the road, the ditch next to the road, the slope and then the tree. There is a disturbed area in the dirt on the side of the hill before the tree. Is that where you hit first? Did you spin? If so, do you recall how many times. You mention the turn of the front to the right. Did the rear kick out to the left resulting in a spin? If so, you could have flown over the ditch while still rotating while moving forward; hit your right rear tire on the slope before the tree, and proceeded to smash into the tree.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't that wheel have bucked under after he hit that huge ass ditch on the left at that velocity spinning, that would snap if he hits anything like the wall of that ditch and the whole weight of the car is on that wheel when it goes into the ditch cause of how uneven it is you can see it in this photo.
You must be registered for see images
Thats what I got from the pictures, rear wheel snapped when hitting the ditch...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery