Track Pack Wheels Arrived

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the track pack wheels from VPA two weeks ago. They warned me that they were on back-order. The fronts were shipped on Thursday and will arrive today. The A6 Hoosier (315 fronts/345 rears) were shipped today from Tire Rack.

I wonder why the rears would be harder to get than the fronts?

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought have a set of track pack wheels (not bought from VPA) and my rears became available first.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. It will be interesting to hear your feedback on running the 315s on the front. The 10.5" wide front wheels are relatively narrow for that tire, which they'll probably fit on but I wonder if they will handle as well as 295s would.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was weighing the options also. My first autox event pushed me to the 315. IMHO you can push the G5 so hard the tires can become an issue. That relatively small front tire gets worked harder than the rears. I think you could ruin the oem fronts in less than 25 fast autox laps.

Nice. It will be interesting to hear your feedback on running the 315s on the front. The 10.5" wide front wheels are relatively narrow for that tire, which they'll probably fit on but I wonder if they will handle as well as 295s would.

Reaction score
Jack, I would like to hear your impressions of the 315 front as well. I've been running the 295 up front and have some understeer, BTW, I've finally settled on a good base setting on my MCS Shocks. F: comp 7, reb 9. R: comp 9, reb 11. The cans are pressurized to 225 front and 200 rear. These settings work well at my home track - AMP (short twisty) and at Road Atlanta (long and fast). Allan

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They mounted the fronts, just waiting for the rear wheels. I am going to autox on the 22nd, with or without the A6's.

Jack, I would like to hear your impressions of the 315 front as well. I've been running the 295 up front and have some understeer, BTW, I've finally settled on a good base setting on my MCS Shocks. F: comp 7, reb 9. R: comp 9, reb 11. The cans are pressurized to 225 front and 200 rear. These settings work well at my home track - AMP (short twisty) and at Road Atlanta (long and fast). Allan

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put my track packs on today. I re-used my 275/35 Super Sports I had on my stock wheels.
I will probably order 285/35s next spring, fronts look a bit stretched for my liking, but it ain't too bad. Guess I will see how I feel after some driving.
:drive:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been back out to the strip. I will get back to the strip this year, weather permitting. We have had a lot of rain and/or extremely humid weather.

So what happened to chasing a 10 second run?

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be the tire and not the size. The fronts may be to soft/sticky, at some point they start to get greasy when exposed to the track. On the other hand they seem to far better than a 5000 mile tire when driven on the streets. They grip like mad on the street and they are a good rain tire.It is probably asking too muchfor a single tire to do everything well. You could be right though, it is only a 25" tire.

I'm thinking SRT should pay attention to this thread. Maybe the Gen V could've really used these larger front tires to help with the issues the mags have been complaining about.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put my track packs on today. I re-used my 275/35 Super Sports I had on my stock wheels.
I will probably order 285/35s next spring, fronts look a bit stretched for my liking, but it ain't too bad. Guess I will see how I feel after some driving.
:drive:

You must be registered for see images

do you have any more pictures / possibly from a higher/ standing up posture , and also a rear and front side view ? thanks