traction control? anyone used it? AEM?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading up on the AEM and there is a "traction control" feature... has anyone used it? Also, are there other traction control options out there? Just curious at this point...

Thanks!

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no I have not used AEM .....nor traction control...mine is controled by the driver's foot.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I should have asked "has anyone used the AEM's traction control function"? there is some searchable info on traction control, but nothing about the AEM using it...

JD

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph,

Yes I have and am using it on my car every time I drive it. What would you like to know about it?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joel from Ireland is supposed to have it on his DC performance prepped GTS, should be interesting to see how I works with 900+ bhp, (think he maybe offline for a few days)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey J Dawg!

There is a guy I know that has it that I can put you intouch with...I will email you his number tonight.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The AEM traction control is a very nice feature, although like everything else tunning is required.

Although mine is not perfect because we spent almost no time dialing it in, it is still a big plus.

It works off time since vipers have no wheel speed sensors, in other words you program it with maximum acceleration value for your vehicle time/speed. You do this by making a 1-3 gear run on a good surface while dataloging it. Once you get a few of those you will see the value desired for your car. You then input that value on the TC map, giving some lead way and you are almost done with the broad adjustment.

After that is done you calibrate what it is you want the AEM unit to limit to decrease the power your vehicle is producing. In my case we use timing since on a NA car its your only real option. You can do hard cuts to really limit it and make it perfect, but I am not a big fan of my car popping and banging while accelerating on the street. So we are using big timing adjustments to limit the time spinning rather than completly cutting it out.

On my car it does not eliminate spin, it just makes it managable and reduces the time spent spinning. Vipers are difficult to adjust just by timing because the torque produced will still spin the tires off the line even with negative timing. But when shifting its a night and day difference. We dataloged hard acceleration runs gear 1-4, and my car with no TC spent about 1/2 seconds spinning tires 1-2 and 2-3. With the AEM TC on that time was completly eliminated.

With more adjustments I am confident that launch control can be made almost perfect. Hope this helps.

If I am leaving something out please just ask, I will be more than happy to answer.