Trade Autoform Hood for stock...

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We bought and installed one of the new ventilated hoods from Autoform for our Mamba and now need to return to our stock hood which we already used on one of our racecars so...

I would trade someone straight across for a black stock SRT10 Viper (duh) hood with hood pad

Mine is painted black and the paint is nice, I am in the northwest so it would be preferable to do this on the west coast but I am open to suggestions but shipping could get ugly...

These hoods are bitchin lookin and I really like it but I have to put a stock one on the car to satisfy the rule set...

please email me at [email protected]

sbw

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too bad its not white and I am not closer. If someone could chime in and let me know the cost of painting the hood white for the future.

hummmmm my viver is in texas now at rsi...........

vd..

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow I would guess that a stock replacement hood is FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than an Autoform one.....

OP
OP
S

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the car with the hood at Fontana where it was the Top overall qualifier for the Pro Solo Super Challenge :nana: I know the graphics are crappy compared to our usual stuff but this is LiNay's car and she digs driving it on the street so we gotta peel 'em off between big events... ;)

Also Janni is right, the Autoform hood is less $$ than a stock one, (about $300 TO $500) depending on paint... We don't need an extra hood so if we can trade for a black one that's already painted to someone who wants the trick hood and doesn't want to store the stock one it might be a win win... No?

I had Tony do a special lighweight version for us so this one is really light and if you run "this particular hood" with both gas shocks you gotta be careful when you shut it so you don't risk cracking the hood, I use a hood prop and lose the gas struts cuz the bug me anyway but that's just me...

This is in no way a reflection on Tony's other hoods, this was a special request just for us, I am told his off the shelf hoods don't risk this...
:2tu:
sbw :usa:

You must be registered for see images

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This is a nice hood. I have one on my black SRT-10. It works quite well too, cooling the engine on warm days.

It cost $500 to have it prepped and painted locally.

If I didn't already have one, I'd trade with you.

Good luck,

Dan