Tranny guy ??

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking for a place to get the Tranny checked out for ... no.... not the viper, but for my Ram truck that pulls my Viper, so I figured it was ok to at least ask the question on this board. Would like a fairly local guy in the NY/CT area.

Thanks,
Andrew

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I always figured Trannys as more specialty, almost in a world all it's own, but of course I should call Chuck. Will do tomorrow !

Yes it is a specialty and when I was just an employee, that was my job. The trans shop I use has one of my clones working there. :D Andrew, :phone:

Bob, here's one for you: :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbp_TtE5wMM[/media]

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Chuck, I put in some Lucas additive, was told the best stuff on the market. The noise has definately calmed down. The truck shifts fine, feels fine, just heard the whine. I checked my records and last did the service at 90K along with the front and rear ends, when I got all the parts from you. I have 136K now and I am thinking of doing the service this weekend since I am running my kids off to college next weekend and I want to be sure the truck is running okay.

Only thing is I really want to do myself but I don't think I know how to also drain the transfer case, but how hard can it be ? if I come over to you to get l the stuff, do you have in stock, and do you have anything u can copy for me out of the manual ? I have to check how much fluid I have cause I bought some extra last time.

Thanks,
Andrew