Transfer of Warrantee Question?

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the process for transferring a standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warrantee to a buyer. Isn't this carried over by default when the sale is executed?

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exact procedure is spelled out in the warrantee certificate. As I recall, pay your local Dodge dealer the transfer fee and fill out the transfer form out of the warrantee package. It must be signed by you and the old owner. My dealer sent it in and I received new papers and a card in 4-6 weeks. Cost was $100 if I remember.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think that is correct. Please someone stop me if Im wrong but isnt a standard 3/36 factory warranty carried to a new owner, or a 100 new owners for that matter, by default. I thought only extended warranties needed transfer via paperwork. Car should be under warranty for 3/36 from in service date regardless of owner.

OP
OP
B

BlackSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I thought. I'm going with transfer by default unless someone else has something to add.

Thanks.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a retired Dodge dealer and you are correct. The warranty goes with the car, not the owner. The procedure outlined above is indeed for a transfer of a Chrysler Service Contract. Again, the warranty stays with the car although your dealer will contact Chrysler through their dealer communication system and notify them of the change of owner name for recall purposes, etc. Hope this helps!

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96