transmission help

dan-t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the track last night and while in line to get in shifting from neutral to 1st would grind. car was hot and about 85 degree out side. then on my runs it would not go in 3rd gear three out of three runs. on my fourth run i totally grandma shifted and i got it into 3rd and ran a 12.6..any ideas whats wrong? sycros maybe? thanks for any help.2004 srt 39k miles.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine started doing this about 3 weeks ago shifting into second. Changed the fluid and still does it. My car in an 06 with 5900 miles and it is only going into second that it does this. 1,3,4,5,6 and rev, no problem.

OP
OP
D

dan-t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never by me , i've had it 20k miles.i havent had a chance to look at it yet, i'll do that today.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pump the clutch 7 or 8 times.see if it slips in gear any better,reply with answer..:eater:

OP
OP
D

dan-t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took it for ride yesterday and no grind in first, little tough in third under wot..car was not hot like sitting in traffic at track.guess heat makes it act up more..i'll just have to wait till it gets worse for the dealer to see the problem for warranty repair.bummer i'll try the 7-8 cluthch trick next time it acts up.thanks

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to bleed the clutch slave cylinder and replace it with Motul 600 or equivalent. If that doesn't help, you may need to replace the slave.

If you have headers without heat shields, then it's likely you boiled the clutch fluid.

Good luck,

Dan

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper X is on the right bath. I have found many with the clutch hydraulic line to close to the exhaust [stock] system! You'll need to re-route the line to get it as far away from the exhaust as possible and put some extra insulation on the line too. That should fix it.