Trunk release, other than key fob?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a trunk release other than on the key fob? Has anyone designed anything aftermarket?

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Are you trying to get into the trunk or out of the trunk?

On my 2008, From the outside I have been using the trunk release handle just above the rear license plate. It is hidden horizontally so you normally can't see it. I do not know if anything from the inside.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Are you trying to get into the trunk or out of the trunk?

On my 2008, From the outside I have been using the trunk release handle just above the rear license plate. It is hidden horizontally so you normally can't see it. I do not know if anything from the inside.

Verts do not have this feature. Just Coupes.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the parking brake is set, you can use the FOB even if the engine is running. At least my '04 works that way.

~Jay

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the parking brake is set, you can use the FOB even if the engine is running. At least my '04 works that way.

~Jay

Good tip! I'll have to give it a try. I've always turned it off to open or close the trunk.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am often in the garage and not have my keys in my pocket. I would like to be able to open the trunk without going into the house to get keys.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, there IS a way...simple enough (especially during an emergency such as keys locked in trunk)but it's much more trouble than having a 3rd key made to be hidden in your garage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixagg