Trying to buy 2013 Viper - But was in an accident

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, new here.

Would like to see if you guys have some input on buying a 2013 SRT. A friend of a friend of mine is selling his for a very good price, but was in an accident. The damage was inflected on the right side (hood, fascia and A-Arm bracket). Took it to mechanical inspection, which indicated a minor repair on the A-Arm bracket.

The car is actually repaired it's not a salvage. I drove the car and feels amazing, I just wondering if there is anything I should be looking for or warn about! I've listed pictures of car before and after.

Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car is not salvage, but I’m not sure about the damage being documented. We took it to the inspection shop, report says minor repair in A-Arm bracket RH front.

all airbags are intact, car drives nice, but I hear clicking sound in the back sometimes, I’m guessing sway bar link!

Those cars in Kuwait are in the range of $60 to $70k if no accident. This car in particular he is asking $45k.

Last edited:

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the primer spray job it appears that the bumper and hood / fender were just repaired (with what, I have no idea!), they were not replaced with new parts. That is not the correct way to correct the damage, I’m actually shocked that they did it to that car!

Be prepared to pay to completely redo all of the repairs the correct way and repaint them, and I would be highly suspicious of the condition of any mechanical repairs under the car or behind those body panels.

BlackViper03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the primer spray job it appears that the bumper and hood / fender were just repaired (with what, I have no idea!), they were not replaced with new parts. That is not the correct way to correct the damage, I’m actually shocked that they did it to that car!

Be prepared to pay to completely redo all of the repairs the correct way and repaint them, and I would be highly suspicious of the condition of any mechanical repairs under the car or behind those body panels.

x 2. Not sure what the primer is hiding - but, IMO that definitely should have had replacement parts rather than repairs to old damaged areas. Regardless of the car, whenever I see major repairs done on the cheap I run (not walk) away as fast as I can. One can only imagine what other improvised "repairs" may be hidden on the car!

pacethis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While the price is attractive, I'd agree on the repairs being suspect. I've repaired lots of cars, including corvettes and vipers and would never consider a patch job like that. The accident appeared light, and it wouldn't have cost that much to do it right.

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just in update...

I got the chance to bring the car over to a friends house and put it on the lift. My main concern was the chassis. The firs 2 pictures show the welding done on the passenger side lower A-Arm bracket, which I don’t think it’s a big of a deal. The other bracket for the lower A-Arm has a slight dent. Other than that, I see the rest are not major! Hood can be redone, there is a bad job done on installing the headlight on the hood. There is no issue with upper A-Arm. The headlights need to be cleaned out from inside, the exhaust black cover needs replacing cuz it’s cracked and I would rather replace the whole hood, if they were actually at a good price (not $6,000!!!)

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a shop for 40 years, run away as fast as you can.

OP
OP
B

Bouzobar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a shop for 40 years, run away as fast as you can.

Well, we are familiar with restoring cars ground up and restomods, mainly GM and Fords, we do so in our house, but I’m not familiar with the Viper, specifically Gen V. Not familiar with these types of chassis, which seems thin and easily damaged. That’s the reason I’m asking...:feedback:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me rephrase that, with enough money you can fix anything, so you pick this one up for 45k and dump 25k to get it right , things add up fast, could be less could be more. I would spend 70k on a clean car and save the can of worms for some one else, just my 2 cents.