tubo vipers and tranny ratios

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you could change any of the ratios in the tranny what would you want? Keeping the 3.07 rear gear and being able to change internal gears what would you want?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Tiago. The others are fine, but IMHO, 5th and 6th need to be changed to a "4.5" and a "5.5" in a comparative sense.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it me or does it seem like the stock T56's are as good or better than the gforce ?

i seem to recall a bunch of guys grenading the gforce as fast or faster at the mile races. it was hollywood's experience IIRC.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
is it me or does it seem like the stock T56's are as good or better than the gforce ?

i seem to recall a bunch of guys grenading the gforce as fast or faster at the mile races. it was hollywood's experience IIRC.

All I can say is that from what I have seen... I would be hard pressed to invest in a G-Force. I have seen too many OE transmissions take the beating of a lifetime, and too many G-Force transmissions fail far too quickly. Its totally a roll of the dice. I would say that G-Force PARTS, if you get good ones, are fine. However, I question either their rebuilding quality, or their part quality control- one of them is lacking.

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say is that from what I have seen... I would be hard pressed to invest in a G-Force. I have seen too many OE transmissions take the beating of a lifetime, and too many G-Force transmissions fail far too quickly. Its totally a roll of the dice. I would say that G-Force PARTS, if you get good ones, are fine. However, I question either their rebuilding quality, or their part quality control- one of them is lacking.

agreed. I'll keep granading stock ones :D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sad, but very true....:(

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed. I'll keep granading stock ones :D

Not a bad idea.
Especially since you can get 4 "stock" trannys for the price of a G-Force.

Warranty is the same... "You keep all the broken parts"... :smirk:

OP
OP
S

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I do. Just about done:) 2006 with twins.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes I do. Just about done:) 2006 with twins.

PLEASE post photos of the build if you did it yourself. The work you do on your bikes, is second to none, can't imagine what you cooked up with your own car.

As per your original question, I would recommend you go with a TR-6060, and have Donato Engineering do the revised 5th/6th gear ratios. We have 2 local TT Viper's that had G-Force transmissions, and I believe they went through a couple G-Force builds before going to a stock T-56. That lasted for a bit, but the TR-6060 is going to be your best choice if you want it to live a while. The .80 5th gear will definitely keep you on boil compared to the stock .74. If you don't want to dig into your new transmission, get a 2010 Viper TR-6060 that comes with the .80 5th gear.

My stock 5th gear ratio makes me want to bang my head on a wall. Nothing like pulling like a freight train to 160mph, and then bogging in 5th gear :( If you've read around a bit, you know the .74 to .80 5th gear change in the stock 2010 allows the Viper to reach it's top speed 14 seconds faster, with no other modifications! I'm taking a wild guess that you are looking to enter in a top speed or standing mile competition with the car?

OP
OP
S

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what ya think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members