Tuneable Mufflers?

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, guys,
Quick question about the Power Effects tuneable mufflers: is there any way to set them up so that their settings can be switched from the cockpit?
Chris

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there is. However, given the cost of the PE's ($600 per pair) I'd just get a full 3" corsa exhaust; it'll be about as quiet under normal driving conditions, and will flow much better than the PEs at WOT.

OP
OP
G

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really? The Corsa's will flow better than the PE's even at the fully open position? By the way, when is your Viper due back from Doug?
smile.gif
Thanks for the response, treynor.
Chris

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Corsas will definitely flow better than the PEs. The PE mufflers are 2.5" inside diameter (ID) with a spiral passage around the outside which allows additional airflow. The Corsas are 3" ID all the way through, and use a non-perforated baffle inside the two muffler segments to help keep the air stream smooth. I actually switched my exhaust system from belanger+PEs to a Corsa system on my DLM car to get more flow and quiet the car down.

My DLM car is due back in Q1 next year. I've told Doug to take the time he needs -- since I'm having him do something new/untried on my package, there's no sense in asking him to rush. Knowing Doug, it'll be a work of art -- a very fast work of art -- when he's finished with it.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
belanger+PEs to a Corsa system on my DLM car to get more flow and quiet the car down.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny I did the EXACT same thing. I had a belanger exhaust which was too loud, so I put the tunable mufflers in the rear. With a stock or nearly stock car I don't think the tunable muffler in the open position will have any effect on HP but it will also be quite loud. I was thinking of making a vacuum operated switch to open and close the PE mufflers i.e. open at WOT with low vacuum and closed at all other times with a high vacuum. What a great idea !!

BTW if you want to buy my old exhaust (cheap) e-mail me

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Is your car a Level I, II, or III blower package?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. It's Doug's full level III package (including blueprinting) with some extra gerbils added. I'm not yet willing to disclose the details of the extras, though I've hinted [strongly] at their general nature in a different thread. I'll give more details once the project's a bit further along.