Tuners in Northern Ca..

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Marin county. This is about 25 miles north of San Francisco. Does anyone know of a tuner w\dyno that I can bring my S.C. 2000 gts to within 100 miles? This is a new car to me. I want to see where the A\F ratio is on this beast.
Thanks

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure which of these CA tuners are near you, or if all have a dyno machine, but here they are, their website, and their location. You can always call one of them, and ask. Likely they'll know, and will be happy to help.

www.APEXMotorsports.com - Santa Clara, CA 95050
www.WestCoastViper.com - Temecula, CA. 92590
www.DCPerformanceInc.com - Los Angeles, CA 90034
www.CaldwellDevelopmentInc.com - Vista, CA 92083

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll call both. How much does a dyno cost? Anyone know because there are none in my are, and there a heck of a lot nice cars around this area

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good suggestions, but all of them are over the bridge.

Call Huffaker Engineering at Infineon raceway: 707-935-0533/www.huffakerengineering.com. They can surely lead you to a dyno on your side of the bay. I'll even bet someone has one there at the track.

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Lawrence, We don't currently have an in house dyno, we've been outsourcing our dyno time. We will have Dynojet's new updated 248 within this year and will be able to handle up to 2000HP. You can find a list of California dynojets here:

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/ca.htm

We do have wideband meters though and can check your A/F readings. We also specialize in EFI tuning. Feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Danny

OP
OP
P

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Danny, Thanks for the reply. I'm really just interested in the a\f right now anyways. I'll call you.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RPM in rohnert park has dynoed my ZR-1 and has done dyno work for vipers as well. i haven't dynoed any of my vipers but they can check A/F ratio and are good guys. phone 707-584-8230. price used to be around $85 eagles

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this knowledge, does anyone know the most experienced body shop in the Bay Area with Vipers? I want to get my front fascia/headlights/hood aligned, and would prefer to deal with someone who has the relevant experience, versus pay someone to learn it...

regards
Tomer

DChan415

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer, these guys have worked on my car and know what a headache it is to align the viper front bumpers...

Unique Auto Body
415-861-2828

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add my vote for Ted May at Ayala. I spent the morning having him go through my 96 RT/10, and he caught several small things that the prior repair guys missed, and was willing to explain to me what needed doing, when, and how to locate issues for myself as they arose (e.g. head gasket leaks, loose steering fluid cap, thermostat leaks, etc. etc. And he changed all the fluids in the vehicle for me and his charges were still reasonable for the work involved. He was one of the original Viper techs in 1992, and I was very impressed. Give him a call.