Twin Turbo sounds....

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While driving today I realized I had a camcorder with me a made a quick video that should finally illustrate the sounds inside a Twin Turbo Viper. The sounds I have tried to describe in the past are suprisingly clear on this video. It is not a race video or anything, just a clip of driving in traffic. I did my best with the compression but I am far from an A/V expert. The file is about 8MB and is on the picture & videos link on speedstuff.com

CYA

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I listened to the VIPER BOOST SOUNDS (8MB) video, but it didn't sound like anything unusual to me. I think I need to hear a Viper without so I'd know how it sounded different.

Now, as for the SUPERCHARGED VIPER RIDE video, which is a Doug Levin Supercharged Viper, I sure could here a sound difference in that 1000HP Viper. Wow.

I also checked out some of the other videos. Fun stuff.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another one just posted that is a quick full throttle one and two gear pull. That one you can hear better....

thanks!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh, okay, NOW I could hear it! *grin*
It certainly sounds much more fun than stock!
As for that lady, who liked to talk...
I say do it again, with her taking a walk. *chuckle*

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever get your payment problems squared away with Axxis Engineering, Jason? It helps to be paid in full when you want support after the sale.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean did they pay me back for having another tuner finish the kit? No, and the last letter I got said that they are out of the Viper tuner business also. Left me to pay for having the problems fixed.... worked out fine though. Got it tuned perfectly. I did learn NEVER to pay in full before a job is done though. You'd think I would have learned by the second time around.....

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean & John (Jim Stark) - I hardly wanted to put any effort into your remarks, but the scan only took a second and your comments about Axis not getting paid are like the proverbial mosquito annoyance.....

I have some other REALLY interesting documents relating to the 'other texas tuner' that took me for a ride also, but will hold off for now....

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I please laugh out loud and thank Jason for setting these guys straight.

Thanks. Take a hike, boys.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean & John (Jim Stark) - I hardly wanted to put any effort into your remarks, but the scan only took a second and your comments about Axis not getting paid are like the proverbial mosquito annoyance.....

I have some other REALLY interesting documents relating to the 'other texas tuner' that took me for a ride also, but will hold off for now....

Jason, do you REALLY think you can withhold this from us NOW....
You know the best defense is a good offence - being passive just doesn't work
on this forum.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right HP.

I was just waiting to see if the half-wit's make some more accusations. Time and time again, It seems they get all too quiet when I proove how foolish they (and their statements) are. I may post the other info soon.
This one (JH info) is a game or Russian Roulette for him, or should I say an avalanche barely being held back. I am just hoping John H (I mean Jim Stark....heheh) really comes and kicks the last leg out of under the shelter over his head...... There is many more than just my case waiting for him here.

Daffy: cute poem - not sure if I am reading it right though....

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jason, what gear do you have in your car? I just watched the 1st and 2nd video and both gears were done awfully fast.

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory (3.08) I had 3.54's back in the NX days but the spin (even with the 3.08's) is a bit much. Thanks to Jon @ Parts rack for cheap new rears!!!!!!!!!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason, that is an interesting price I remember Rob @ Axis offering me the deal of the century to do the whole stage II kit for some $18+K. You are the negotiator my man! P.S. I think that J.S. is really J.H. Keep that on the QT since he is never on the up and up.

By the way, I never did hear how John Moore's intercooler ended up being mounted on his Axis masterpiece without any cutting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine