Two drives one ending with a hefty ticket for me.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you haters or your family members never need one when the *hit hits the fan.

Yea, I hope so too. As in the past, when I was in need of help or assistance I got $%^& all from the boys in blue. Oh wait, I did get screwed by them (not just limited to the speeding tickets. ;)

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a little VA. town I used to enjoy passing through. That is, untill I discovered the speed trap on the edge of town. I'd like to know how much revenue that pig generates.... 50/35 on a wide open empty four lane.

Cool cruise vid.

I wonder if you're talking about Farmville,va ? Coming out of town the speed limit is 45,but some days they will drop it to 25 just to catch drivers off guard. Talk about a speed trap! Is that legal?:dunno:

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you probably could have gotten out of the ticket by simply saying "do you see how nice this car is? you should see the one i bought my lawyer."

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you probably could have gotten out of the ticket by simply saying "do you see how nice this car is? you should see the one i bought my lawyer."

I'm pretty sure right after I said that it would have been a scene from the movie Deliverance.:crazy2: I wasn't exactly in-town.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Banned from the Alley and now you're looking for cop hugger buddies at this site? This thread? Can you read?

I prefer neglected wives "they're easy" brainy :smirk:
by he way let's not forget those cops you're hating on are the same bunch that will save your ass when it's getting rapped, you obviously got issues if cops are harassing poor little you! davey:crazy2:!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its those ******* cops that got ***** in school as to why they pick on us, or maybe they are just pissed about the miata in the garage:lmao:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh wth was I think'n, I can't stand the police either!!! f_ _ K the police, you guys were right:drive:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did you fight the ticket and bring 20-30 witness who insisted it couldn't be you driving a Doge? and that you're really not the age he thought you were?

It used to be you could fight a ticket on anything that was wrong on it; in some boroughs I've lived they can just amend a ticket in court....it seems so wrong.

Regards,
Aaron

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you haters or your family members never need one when the *hit hits the fan.

They are not my family members thank goodness and when the *hit hit the fan after my house was broken into and my Viper stolen 3 years ago they botched the case. The detective was fired for mishandling the case and the thief only got 6 months in jail after 2 years sitting at home. Wow 60 in a 35. I see them doing way over that on a daily basis just because they can get away with it and we cannot.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He called Chuck ***** words. His mommy grounded him from play time. Bad alucy. Bad bad alucy.

haha, I was just kidd'n around (but I got carried away "my bad"). I like Chuck and was just hav'n fun with him:confused: Chuck if you're out there please forgive me:(

I feel like I was a victim too!:( please let me back rocman

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are not my family members thank goodness and when the *hit hit the fan after my house was broken into and my Viper stolen 3 years ago they botched the case. The detective was fired for mishandling the case and the thief only got 6 months in jail after 2 years sitting at home.

At least you got some sort of justice. You are lucky "one in a million".

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 months is not justice!! If I get robbed I will call the cops..... to retrieve the body full of bullet holes:usa:. I have some respect for some cops, but I don't think just because someone gets a badge they are a hero.

I have gotten a few tickets but only when doing some minor BS offense like 40 in a 35 thinking it was a 45 zone:bonker:. However I can't complain because those fines where way less than what I would have paid if I had gotten caught on any other day:devgrin::drive:.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider it a donation to the speed gods for all the times you were running the car and didn't get caught.

I do consider it a donation to the speed gods I haven't recieved a ticket in three years. My time was up. Only problem is I always seem to get tickets in pairs. :dunno: Been trying to watch my speed lately which is hard to do in the Viper.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll give 2 thumbs up :2tu: to a NY State Trooper that I had the pleasure to speak with (ahem) on Wednesday night.

I was driving out I84 about 10:30 PM and saw him sitting on the side of the road - as I buzzed by. I saw that he was starting to pull out, so I immediately pulled over, put my windown down, interior light on, and hands on the steering wheel. He approached, told me the speed I had been traveling and requested the license/registration. I provided them and he returned to his car for a bit. I was quite surprised when he returned and said "just slow down".

End of story, well except for the big "phew" that I said after he walked away.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'll give 2 thumbs up :2tu: to a NY State Trooper that I had the pleasure to speak with (ahem) on Wednesday night.

I was driving out I84 about 10:30 PM and saw him sitting on the side of the road - as I buzzed by. I saw that he was starting to pull out, so I immediately pulled over, put my windown down, interior light on, and hands on the steering wheel. He approached, told me the speed I had been traveling and requested the license/registration. I provided them and he returned to his car for a bit. I was quite surprised when he returned and said "just slow down".

End of story, well except for the big "phew" that I said after he walked away.

Only you Mark! Hey, in our state you're VERY lucky if you get away with just a ticket, at least in the greater New Orleans area. I'm sure most of you have heard about that mess down there(Katrina):nono:.

TI3VOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got pulled over recently and he told me he estimated my speed to be 40 in a 25 then gave me a verbal warning after this statement "You need to realize you drive a Dodge Viper, which is a very flashy and sporty car. Now when you drive recklessly you will draw a lot of police attention, so you need to be careful" Thanks Capt'n Obvious! I would say the guy was actually pretty cool and probably was just wanting to check out the car and who was driving it.

I do always say though "Cops are like an STD, yea some are better than others, but none of them are any good!":2tu:

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
also, don't mess with the airport security off-icers, especially with trainee in tow,
showing them who is In Charge. Tried to give me a ticket for a rental car with a headlight out.
Not my car - hello. so made sure it took them ten minutes to peruse records.. eat donut, pick.. etc..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4